1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

warwick corvette bad neck

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by marcinski, Jan 1, 2013.

1. marcinski

marcinski

Hi all
    I just picked up in mint condition 2001 warwick corvette standard 5 string with no setup at all :(
    when i took it home and started to do setup adujst truss rod, nut, bridge, and then i noticed a problem when
    i look on neck on low side B string my neck is bowed and when i look on high G string neck is straight so now I don't have enough know-how to get that fixed.
    So all of you set up profesionals let me know if the neck is fire wood or i can do something with it. I can still return the bass.
    Thank you in advance
  2. Terracite

Terracite Supporting Member

I'm far from an expert, but here's a couple things to try.

Make sure you're tuned up.

Sometimes its tough to eyeball how bowed your neck is (relief.) To measure how much relief your neck has, try this:

Left hand - Fret a low C.
    Right elbow - hold the string down to the fretboard near the 20th fret.
    Right hand - awkwardly slip a feeler guage between the 7th or 8th fret and the string. If you don't have a feeler guage, a business card will get you close.

Repeat with the G string.

If there is a big difference. The bass may need to go back. Let us know how it goes.
  3. marcinski

marcinski

Terracite,
    that's the way i do setup :)
    When G string is in good position then B string is way to high and when i set it lower to fretboard G string is way to low.

Thank You
  4. Terracite

Terracite Supporting Member

Sounds like this is beyond a set-up issue.

Maybe post this in the Luthier's Corner?

Good luck.
  5. marcinski

marcinski

I will try post it there, thanks for the tip.
  6. tabdog

tabdog

Sounds like fire wood to me.

Tabdog