1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warwick Corvette double buck or MM Sterling Ray35?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JeweyTheroux, Jan 29, 2014.

1. JeweyTheroux

JeweyTheroux

Ok, so I have whittled it down to these two options for my new bass. What is the generally held view on here as to what the best choice would be?

I have been gassing for a Warwick for a long time but those MM Sterling Ray35's look gorgeous and seemingly have all the sound quality of the Stingray's?
  2. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Which basses are you referring to? A German Warwick $$ or a Rockbass (not sure if they make that model) and an EBMM Sterling/StingRay HH or SBMM Ray?
  3. JeweyTheroux

JeweyTheroux

German Warwick sorry! SBMM Ray
  4. Doctor J

Doctor J

In my experience, the German $$ is the correct choice.
  5. JonDark

JonDark

I own a Sterling ray34. They're great basses for the $, but a German Wick is in another league. Are you wanting to buy a Wick new or used? Either way it really comes down to how much you want to spend and what preferences your looking for since they are two different animals in many ways.

If you planned on buying a used German Wick, I'd go that route since your in a closer proximity $ wise to a new Sterling ray35, the German $$ are just awesome. Catch a sweet deal on a used Wick. You can always revisit the Ray35 later since they're affordable new or used.

Good luck and keep us posted :bassist:
  6. JeweyTheroux

JeweyTheroux

[​IMG]

Managed to pick up one of these for about £500 so I am counting down the seconds until I can get my hands on it :bassist: