1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Warwick corvette standard question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcotten, Jan 20, 2014.

1. jcotten

jcotten

I'll make this short. I used to own a Warwick Corvette Standard 4 (2000-2001?) and it had chrome hardware. I have wanted it back ever since. What a great bass IMO. I have found a seller of a corvette standard in perfect condition at a great price ($400). The only thing I am confused by is it has black hardware. When did they start using black hardware and is it the same as my older chrome version besides hardware color? Also, worth the price? I have confirmed that it is a genuine warwick, not a rockbass. Any info on this would be great guys!

-Justin

2. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Supporting Member

If you can get hold of the serial # you can look it up on Warwicks website. Pre 2009 models were made in Germany. Good price at 400 if it's one of those.

3. jcotten

jcotten

Just sent out a text requesting the serial#. Thanks!

4. f64

f64 Supporting Member

Justin, from what I've seen and remember the chrome hardware came on Corvette Proline models only out of Germany. Rockbass and pre-rockbass designations manufactured elsewhere all had chrome. I might be way off here but that is what I remember and always used as a quick way to designate between each model.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tomkat8

Tomkat8 Supporting Member

I have a german made 98 standard 6, it has chrome hardware.. It could've been special ordered that way. Or maybe someone switched out the hardware, dana b goods was selling lots of leftover parts on ebay, I upgraded my nut to a just a nut 3. For cheap...Just a thought

7. Herrick

Herrick

I've owned 3 Warwick Corvettes. Two were 5-strings & one was a 4-string. They all had black hardware & were Germang-made in the mid 2000s. I don't remember the years. Sorry.

8. jcotten

jcotten

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. According to the serial number it's a 2006. At $400 in great condition I don't think I should pass it up.

9. jcotten

jcotten

Although the model I owned was bubinga and the one I'm considering buying is swamp ash. Hmm..

10. elBandito

elBandito

German made active corvette(bubinga body) came with chrome hardware and passive(ash) came with black hardware.

11. theos

theos

So how do you know if it's a proline or not. Mine is an ash body, active... 4 knobs and 2 switches, 4 string with black hardware. Sorry... New to warwicks. I know from the SN that it's a 2006 model.

12. GM60466

GM60466

I've seen them both ways

13. blastoff99

blastoff99

Not necessarily.

My German-made bubinga corvette standard (passive) had chrome hardware.