Warwick Corvette Vs RockBass Corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oldprussians, Jan 6, 2010.

1. oldprussians

oldprussians

Disclosures:
    IT Professional!
    I know mad thought........

The Warwick Proper basses are 100% better than the Rockbasses, from the Bridge up wards. made Germany and all that....

But if I wanted a Corvette passive Black Fretless, or perhaps sunburst, it has to be said the RockBass look better!

The Nirvana Black Oil isn't as good looking as the polished plain Black body next the Tiger stripe ebony fingerboard....

Is it just me that has these mad thoughts!

I realise that if I was to buy a Warwick one would have to get a woody looking oil like the Natural, Amber, Honey Violin, or Antique Tobacco.

But if one wants a colour, the oil finish I think looks pants!
  2. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Disclosures:
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    G'day dude.
    Are you talking about the pre 2009 Rockbasses?
    The entire Rockbass line has been upgraded with the same Warwick 2 piece bridge,just a nut 3,easy access control covers,no Rockbass logo on the headstock.
  3. BassistFreak416

BassistFreak416

i love both, though id prefer owning an actual warwick than a rockbass. cost wise, rockbass go for around 800ish and warwicks for 1000ish at my local guitar center.
    they pretty much play the same far as i can say
  4. oldprussians

oldprussians

Disclosures:
    IT Professional!
    Just looked... Cool! Makes a lot of difference Considering that a German Warwick corvette online now is 679-800, and Chinese Warwick corvette is 390 odd pounds!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Disclosures:
    Alotta people dunno how to feel about the new upgraded Rockbasses,coz it kinda elevates them a bit too close in price to a used Warwick.That's fair enough I spose,but the changes were made to the RB line as a direct result of people asking for them.They werent too keen on the Rockbass logo on the headstock,so it went.They didnt much like the 1 piece bridge,& that went.They asked for a RB Corvette $$,they got it.I guess there's room for both or there wouldnt be a Rockbass factory in China.
    I gotta admit though,after playing the new ones,I cant tell much difference between them anymore performance wise.
  7. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS

I played the new Rockbass warwick and i fell in love. The swamp ash body makes it 100 times better than a normal warwick, the balance is perfect. I played every warwick in the store and the rockbass was HANDS DOWN the best bass i had played that entire day.

If nobody told you it was a rockbass you would have thought it was a $2000 warwick. A warwick Rockbass will be my next bass. I just wish it came in white...
  8. yellofury

yellofury

I think in the end its if you want passive vs active electronics
    and German made vs Chinese made

For the price of a new Active Corvette Basic
    you can a get a used German passive Corvette Standard
    Im not sure about the neck profiles
    and you have maple vs Ovangkol
  9. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Disclosures:
    There's also a new series,called the Pro series,which is neither made in China,nor made in Germany.
    Stay tuned.
  10. oldprussians

oldprussians

Disclosures:
    IT Professional!
    The Pro Series is just the Corvette standard Ash Bubinga!

I suspect the will still be made in Germany! Nothing on the Warwick site about where they are made!
  11. tombaker

tombaker

and dont forget the new ash bodies ;)

imo, theyve upgraded too much, not really a proper RB anymore. too close to the german warwick
  12. Fuzzydice45

Fuzzydice45

On the warwick forum, they've said they're moving it to asia.
  13. XmattX

XmattX

Disclosures:
    Photographer, Warwick GmbH & Co Music Equipment KG
    The Warwick Pro Series will be built in Korea.
  14. oldprussians

oldprussians

Disclosures:
    IT Professional!
    Crap...... So if one wants a German Corvette Standard one better get in with older stock!
  15. Headless Llama

Headless Llama

I'm glad I have my Warwick needs met.

I have been flamed for it in the past, but I stand by this. IMHO the German Warwicks, and far superior to the Rockbass line.

Also, IMHO Rockbass has not done themselves any favors with upgrading the line. People buy them bacause they cannot afford the "proper" Warwick. I have never seen (and I may be wrong) anyone say that they prefer the Rockbass over the "proper" Warwick. People usually say, that it is a good bang for the buck. Now, the Rockbass line is more expensive. Someone has stated that the prices of the used German Warwicks is up there with the Rockbass. So, now it is really a no-brainer.

Comparing the two basses is really silly, IMHO.
  16. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

I agree with Headless Llama. There really isn't much to compare between the two.

I played a 2010 Rockbass $$ and didn't like the way it felt compared to an actual Corvette.

If I hadn't payed $500 for a used Warwick Corvette, which is significantly less than the new Rockbasses, I would pay full price for a German made.
  17. Headless Llama

Headless Llama

Exactly! Used Warwicks can be had a really great prices. You just have to look for them!!
  18. creid

creid

I ordered a Warwick corvette STD 3 days ago, was told today that I cant have it because it is now officially discontinued. Was told the pro series will be made in Korea.
  19. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Wow, so no more German made Vette STD's huh? That's kind of sad. But makes me happy that I snagged my '08 Vette STD fretless a few months back. :)
  20. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Rockbass serves as a better alternative than the MIM Fenders, but they're not as good as a proper Warwick,IMO. I'm glad that I got my Corvette $$ while it was still made in Germany.
  21. LittleBassChops

LittleBassChops

Have a used '03 German corvett standard fretless on reserve for me at my local GC, which im picking up in just a few days. Im practically stealing it for the low price of $450! Everytime i walk in to check it out, i first sit down and play 2 rockbass corvettes before picking up my German made vette. Initially, yes, the rockbasses are solid basses and do sound good, retailing for around $750. However, when i pick up the german standard corvette, the depth and smoothness is much more full.

Rockbasses are nice guitars, but really there is no comparison... German made all the way. Used if you can...