1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warwick Corvette weight?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WarwickFan, Feb 21, 2006.

1. WarwickFan

WarwickFan

Just for fun I checked the weight of my Corvette std. today. Comes in at around 10 lbs. Is this about average for the Vette?
  2. thehurlatron

thehurlatron

Warwick lists the wieghts as this:

Corvette Stardard 4: 3.8kg
    5: 4.0kg
    6: 4.2kg
  3. RavCat

RavCat

Warwick also do a datasheet in Imperial measurements. they claim (for bubinga models):

Corvette Standard 4: 8.36 lbs
    Corvette Standard 5: 8.80 lbs
    Corvette Standard 6: 9.24 lbs

The datasheet is here: http://www.warwickbass.com/specs.html
  4. JAL

JAL

What they are, and what they feel like, are two different matters!!! I love my 'vette, but my only gripe is after a few hours (even with a great strap), it really starts to weigh down.
    Time to do some squat-thrusts, meh?
  5. HassBacker

HassBacker

Mine is right at 10lbs as well.
  6. EBMatt

EBMatt

I owned a corvette standard fretless. Sounded good, but it was like having a block of marble hanging from my shoulder. I eventually sold it because of that. Mine felt like a hell of alot more than 10lbs.
  7. Warwickluvr

Warwickluvr

Mine's definetly a little on the heavy side......

I sort of like the weight though. It gives the illusion of rock-solid stability (though it may NOT be just an illusion.....)
  8. Figjam

Figjam Supporting Member

Warwick's weight definitely gives them a solid feel. I find i like the thumbs weight/balance better though.