1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Warwick German Double Buck 4 String - Convert it to BEAD?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Da Funky Fish, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Da Funky Fish

Da Funky Fish

Greetings,
    I have an Ibanez SR 5 string and a Fender Am Std P Bass 5. I like my Fender 4's but the 5 string plays like a tractor. I do not play my Warwick Double Buck 4 starring often so I am considering having it setup as BEAD, and then maybe trade up my 5 stringers.

I would assume this Warwick would be cool set up BEAD - anyone have any experience with 4 string Warwicks converted to BEAD?

2. Da Funky Fish

Da Funky Fish

Bump

I found a Warwick Taranis which I may purchase since it is BEAD out of the box. Is it worth it to buy that bass or just convert my EADG double buck and see how that goes?

3. punkjazzben

punkjazzben Supporting Member

Do the strings first. Cheaper and if it works for you, that's the end of it.

Just buy a five string set and put the G aside. You shouldn't need to adjust the nut to accommodate the B string, but try to find a lighter gauge set just in case. The Warwick bridge likes tapered B strings, if I remember correctly.

4. Systolic

Systolic

Warwick does like the tapered B string at some point. A .125 normal B was fine, but a.130 needed to be tapered. Just buy singles of your (generally) favorite string at BassStringsOnline.

5. Register to disable this ad