1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warwick Hardshell Cases???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groove Theory, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Hey y'all, I've recently aquired a great early 90's Warwick Fortress one...I've also been testing out a fretless Corvette standard that I've fallen in love with and will more than likey purchase...however, I HATE gigbags. I'm definantly a hardshell case kinda guy, but I'm having some trouble finding a good hardshell case for warwick basses...
    I guess I could get a generic harshell case and do some cusomizing so the bass fits in nice and smooth, without sliding around in there, but I would rather just get one that will work well right off the bat...
    any suggestions out there?
  2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Get in touch with Warwick's US distributor Dana B Goods, or a Warwick dealer and they could probably hook you up with a hardshell that fits.
  3. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

4. Groove Theory

Right on, I wonder why they make hardshell cases for their guitars readily available, but not for basses? odd...
  5. jammadave

jammadave

:confused: Warwick makes guitars?

And depending on the model, some of their basses come with a hardshell case. My old Dolphin Pro I came brand new with *both* a case and a gigbag, for example.
  6. Groove Theory

I've never looked into buying a guitar from them so I'm not sure if they actually make guitars or not, but they have several hardshell guitar cases available....actually, now that I look at it, I don't think they make any guitars, why the heck would they offer a hard case for a guitar? they're starting to confuse me, I'll probably have to call 'em to get a case for my bass....yeah, if I had the cash to throw down for something like a dolphin pro, it sure better come with a hard shell case :D ....
  7. mat gregory

mat gregory

my mates got a warwick hardshell case for his exploere guitar its like a bloody door!! massive and heavy!!

id buy a really good soft case myself , you can get those ones which are kinda like both hard and soft theyre meant to give as good protection and be alot lighter!!
  8. NCorder

NCorder Smoke-free since 4/3/05

Warwick makes Rockcase cases for both g*****rs and basses, but I think they are different from the hardshell cases that come with some Warwick basses. My Thumb bass came with a standard plastic hardshell cass that has 'Warwick' stamped in the side. Looks like a standard Gator or SKB-type case.
    However, I bought a Rockcase case for my Tobias off of ebay a while back. Its very different than the Thumb case. The Rockcase looks more like an ATA or Anvil-type flight case, and doesn't have 'Warwick' stamped in it anywhere.
  9. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

W makes the Rockbag and Hardshell cases in China for lots of other instruments, as well.

Hans-Peter Wilfer, W's founder is the son of Framus' founder IIRC, and Framus has now gone towards guitars.
  10. Groove Theory

Ahh, I see, that solves the mystery of the warwick guitar cases....

as far as the soft cases go, I belive they are the same as the rockbass non-gig bag case, and although they are good...I just really like having a good hardshell case for all my instrumnets...I don't mind the weight of it, as long as it doesnt empty out the bank account, I'll be happy. :D

I'll see what the US distributor says when they get back to me.
  11. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

I ordered mine from the same store that sold my instrument.

Case inserts are designed for your Warwick model.
    list: $175
    Should cost $125 when ordered from a Warwick dealer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Groove Theory

Hey, Thats not too shabby...I'll have to see if I can find one of 'em...
  13. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

Heya, sorry to necro this thread, but needed some information about Warwick's Rock Cases.

I have a strange desire to have the bass fit in next to my Ibanez RG case in this little cabinet I had made. Maximum length of 120 cm I'm guessing. A strange whim, to be sure, I know that the scale lengths don't really permit it from a hard case and some soft cases as well.

But I'd nerf my unreasonable demand if the safety might be compromised. My main demand from a soft case is that the straps don't tear off when I'm travelling with it.

I short-listed a few options for my ESP. These were:
    1) Rock Case, Electric Polyfoam Bass Case, Deluxe RC20805B
    2) Rock Case, Electric Bass Case, Wood RC10605
    3) Rock Bag, Electric Bass Bag, Deluxe RB20505B

Afaik, the polyfoam case is about 118 cm in length, so is the bass bag. But the bag uses Rok Tex material, whereas I'm not too sure about the polyfoam case.

Saw one review on zzounds trashing the wooden case, but I'm sure that can't be the norm. Could it? Wouldn't fit in the cabinet, but if it's more secure, I'm sure I'd find a good way to stash it somewhere.

Or should I stay away from these products and look at something like a Gator (itching to get a dual slinger so I can carry my bass and a guitar while flying) or an Ibanez double bag?

Not very familiar with Warwick products, know they have a good reputation, so any advice would be appreciated!

- Jimmy Rage
  14. Blankandson

Blankandson

Two comments here; first, my first really expensive guitar was a Framus, bought new in Germany in 1966. I think it's in production again as I saw an ad for it last year. Second, before ordering the hardshell case for your Fortress, measure the inside of your trunk or back seat area. I bought a 94 Fortress with a hard shell case several years ago and it would NOT fit anywhere in my Avalon except front to back with the passenger seat reclined. It's about 2 inches too long to fit in the trunk and in the backseat my doors wouldn't shut. So it's now traveling in a nice gig bag. Also, make sure the case will take the longer horn. Many say they will but won't.
  15. spufman

spufman Supporting Member

My Corvette case is pretty huge, too - about 6" longer than it needs to be, lots of space past the headstock. But between the body shape, overall length and tilt headstock, it does not fit in a generic HS. Wish mine could be better de-smoked (bought used), but it's bearable. Post feelers here on TB, someone may want to sell you theirs.
  16. Blankandson

Blankandson

A musician in Branson showed me a flight case made especially for his Warwick and said it cost $300 about 5 years ago. He also said it weighed more than the bass.
  17. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

^^I think flight cases always will.

Anyone with advice on the quality of the Warwick Rock Cases and gig bags? Or something like a Gator?

Probably going to pull the trigger on the Rockbag, no one wants to play with me, even though I have gear, will travel.

- Jimmy