WARWICK HELP NEEDED!!11!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AmazingAmpharos, Mar 17, 2014.

1. AmazingAmpharos

AmazingAmpharos

Hey Guys!

I know there are a fistful of you out there who have played every single Warwick model out there and I need your advise!

My friend from Israel is clearing out his gear and has 3 different Warwicks, only one of which I can afford. I need something that is very diverse as I play a lot of different music, but I want foremost the loudest and nastiest sounding one. I've only played the Corvette Proline and the Thumb, so I guess Im wondering how much of that signature Warwick sound you can get in the Fortress and Streamer.

So my options are: 97 Corvette Proline, 96 Fortress Masterman, 2002 LX Streamer. All 5'ers.

So yeah, just looking for some testimony from anyone who has experience with these models and might know the route I should go. Thanks all! :bassist:
  2. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Being a big Warwick fan myself, you can't go wrong with either one. If it's diversity you want, I would say go with the 2002 LX Streamer.
  3. zackthompson

zackthompson Supporting Member

Media:
    I agree. I would go with the Streamer as well.
  4. Happynoj

Happynoj

+1 on the Streamer, although if the Corvette has got two jazz pickups then I would be equally happy with that.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Streamer. You can't beat that Spector body :)
  7. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

The Streamer will be the most versatile. The Corvette would be next for tonal "variety" but the Streamer would be my pick. I have 8 different Streamers so Im speaking from experience. Ive owned or own all the basses youre comparing to as well soooo..
  8. gleneg61

gleneg61

Streamer. Anytime!
  9. ryabovnikit

ryabovnikit

Some people say that Streamer LX is even better than Streamer Stage 1 (matter of taste). So not a question for me. Streamer.
  10. AmazingAmpharos

AmazingAmpharos

Even the Streamer with the maple neck?
  11. AmazingAmpharos

AmazingAmpharos

Can I get any testimony on the Fortress Masterman either? This would be the most convenient one to get and it has this beautiful french violet top...
  12. Apolicious

Apolicious

I really, really like the Fortress body shape, but due to the pickup configuration isn't not going to be as diverse as the other models. Still fantastic, but not as diverse. Tough call. Although there are worse problems to have :p
  13. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Streamer +1 and yes the Ned Steinberger designed bass bodies is one of my favs too.
  14. westopher

westopher

+1 on the Streamer LX, mine is my favourite of all my basses and I own some more expensive Warwicks too!
  15. Gizmot

Gizmot Supporting Member

My pick of the Warwicks is the Infinity NT. Its light and resonant
    and the workmanship of them is a smidgen better than other models. Its curved body feels perfect too.
  16. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist-Reverend Guitars
    I had one. great bass. It would be the one I would choose