Warwick made in China

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by kikisixx, Apr 12, 2014.

1. kikisixx

kikisixx

hi everybody i'm new here, what you people think about Warwick RB Corvette $$ made in China? are they good, ok, or not good at all? any comment will be appreciate it...thank you all...
  2. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

The new ones are excellent. In fit and finish and tone. Amazing bang for your buck.
  3. kikisixx

kikisixx

Thank you my brother for ur info... looking into a 5 stringer!!
  4. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

Hmm, I thought I replied to this, but maybe I forgot to post it...

Anyways, I too want a 5 string RB Corvette $$. I've only played it in stores, but it's awesome and sounds like a P Bass with extra grit and versatility... Plus you get the awesome look and feel of Warwicks.

It depends what you want it for though. I want one because I want to put light gauge La Bella flats on it for a more modern take of Jamerson's tone. I'm okay with it being passive only. There is a pretty substantial difference between the RB Corvette $$ and the German one... The German one has active electronics, and you can tap the humbuckers to be single coils, so you get a lot more versatility. Also, with any $$, the bridge pickup is not super close to the bridge, so you won't get some of the growl you'd experience on Streamers or Thumbs, but it's still a bit there due to the aggressive sound of the pickups... Again, it depends what your going for... There may be other Rockbasses that are more suitable for what you want tone-wise.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kikisixx

kikisixx

Thank you very much Matthew84 and jonnybass1 for the information and your time to answer my question, well guess what? I got the RB $$ 5 stringer and it's awesome, the sound is good enough for my musical needs (spanish music), Thnaks again for your help!!