1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warwick Pro Series 5 vs. G&L L2000 USA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Porcelain, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Porcelain

Porcelain

I've played a Series E G&L L2000 before, which sounded awesome. But I do like Warwicks too. I realize they both have way different sounds, but which one is the better value?
  2. Porcelain

Porcelain

*correction* I meant to put warwick pro series corvette 5
  3. Modern Growl

Modern Growl

Value is in the eye of the buyer... so that is up to you.

Resale value? You'll take a hit on either one when selling.
  4. El-Bob

El-Bob

With this kind of comparison... probably similar values and quality, so it comes down to what you like best. When I was in the market for my Warwick (German Streamer $$ 5), the only two basses that almost made me change my mind were the 5 string G&L's and the Spectors that had the EMG's with the coil switch things (they were on a crazy sale back then, although the Streamer $$'s were too). Anyway, all I'm trying to say is that in a situation like this there's no clear winner.
  5. benthughes

benthughes Supporting Member

I wouldn't buy an instrument based on overall value although it is a consideration. I love G&Ls but they're very different from the Warwicks you're looking at. I think a used G&L would retain it's value better but may tear your face off... watch out.
  6. Porcelain

Porcelain

Not sure what you mean when you say "tear your face off"
  7. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

I think he means it's got a nasty disposition... :smug:

MM