1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Warwick Pro Series Star Bass 5 String Bass - Gorgeous Black Piano Polish

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Greg_S, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg_S

Greg_S Gold Supporting Member

SOLD

I am going to be posting a lot of my basses for sale in order to purchase a new motor for my truck. I appreciate you taking a few minutes to take a look at my postings and hope that one of them is what you are looking for.

Next up is my Warwick Pro Series Star Bass 5 String Bass Guitar Black High Polish. This is the version that was made in Korea prior to the switch of name and where it’s made now (Rockbass Star Bass - Indonesia). This original version is believed by many to be to be superior.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blemish:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have the really well made Rockbass Gig Bag that specifically fits this bass and is brand new. I also changed the nobs from the ugly black plastic ones pictured here to chrome metal ones and added the Warwick Security Locks that replicate the Dunlop system (Warwick has two versions). New owner will get the original nobs and the strap locks for their strap. I also had the input jack changed to a better version.

Condition: Used/very good condition with minor swirl marks and one finish blemish near the neck. With this finish, it is tough to see the blemish from the stage, but it is there. It's something that happened with the black finish, as it's been cleared over. Not sure how this passed Warwicks inspection, but the inspection tag is in the case.

I was asked about the 4 pole pickups and why not 5 - called Warwick today and was advised that this was how this bass was equipped at the time and they were very happy with the tone - no issues at all.

• Warwick Machine heads
    • Set Neck
    • Just a Nut III
    • 34" (long scale)
    • 21 Bronze frets
    • Wenge fingerboard
    • Maple neck
    • Maple body
    • Passive MEC Single Coil Pickups (Neck and Bridge)
    • Passive MEC electronics
    • 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone control knobs
    • Warwick 2-piece bridge
    • Warwick security locks (Dunlop version)
    • Chrome Hardware
    • Weight: 4.4 kg

I need to get [DEL]$1050[/DEL] [DEL]$850[/DEL] $775 (firm) for the bass shipped to the CONUS only. Paypal OK, but prefer Dwolla.

Please, no trade offers, I beg you!

Links to my other basses if your interested:
    Custom 'Rickenbacker' - One of a Kind!
    Mike Lull P5 Bass
    Mike Lull JT5 Bass
    Groove Shoppe 5 String Bass
  2. Greg_S

Greg_S Gold Supporting Member

BUMP WITH FINAL PRICE DROP
  3. buddyro57

buddyro57 Supporting Member

interested!