Warwick RB Streamer 5 Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bofink, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Bofink

Bofink

Tried posting on Warwick forum with lack of results, sso I'm trying here.

----

I bought a Warwick RB Streamer 5 -08 last week.
    It had way too high action so I decided to lower the action and adjust the truss rod.

The problem is that if I try to lower the strings, they get too close to the bridge pickup.

How do I lower the pickup?
    The neck also bows upwards, with the truss rod maxed. :meh:

Will post pictures and measurements if requested :)

For the neck I'm thinking about adding washers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. autotech6506

autotech6506

the 2 screws on either side of the pickup will adjust it's height. from the looks of the last picture you need to take your bass to a pro and have them straighten the neck. they will loosen the truss rod and force the neck into a back bow for a while and then re tighten the truss rod which should straighten the neck out to normal. can you post a picture of the neck?

3. mandohack

mandohack Supporting Member

Do a quick google search for Warwick pickup height. There's a video and references to the User Manual that you can download that should tell you how to adjust the pickups. I don't have a Warwick, but in researching them recently, I thought they had four screws, one on each corner, on each pickup for height. In the second picture, that's what looks like is happening, the neck-side screws are tighter than the bridge-side screws, giving the pickup a tilt. Read the manual, watch the video, let us know how it goes.

4. Bofink

Bofink

Here's a few pictures of the neck.
    low action on the first frets but high on the rest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad