Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by winndaddy, Apr 13, 2014.

1. winndaddy

winndaddy

Just ordered a passive one for $499. What's y'alls take on this bass for those of you that's played one? I've always wanted to try one out, but never had the chance given nobody sells Warwicks around my area. I was also always a little hesitant to get one since there has been mixed reviews.
  2. Matthew_84

Matthew_84

I just sold a fretless model to fund the purchase of a Rockbass Corvette 6 string...

All I can say is that they are great basses and a great bang for your buck. The Warwick hardware and build quality in my opinion is second to none. I love the angled tuners, adjustable nut, bridge, etc... With that model particularly I also really like the separate tone controls for each pickups.

The only thing that may be a concern for you is the single coil hiss of the pickups. They are very clear sounding, which is great in the mix, but when played solo they hiss a decent amount. Had I not sold mine, I would have put Dimarzio Area J's in it.
  3. winndaddy

winndaddy

Sounds like I might enjoy It. I sold most of my basses, so I'm excited to get my first Warwick (even If its a Rockbass). Thanks...