1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warwick Steamer ST2 pickup?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tubehead2, Jan 27, 2013.

1. tubehead2

tubehead2

Hi I just got a used Warwick Steamer Stage 2 today.
    It sounds really nice sweet sparkling high, focus dry and warm mid + bass. Tone of wood. ^^

But this bass come with radio and noise. Plus I prefer the sound in passive mode. I have read reviews of MEC pickups & electronic (come with Warwick bass), most people prefer them removed and replaced with Bartolini, EMG, seymour, Aguila or whatever. And the get wonderful result.

So I think, after honeymoon period, if I decide to keep this bass, I would have the preamp remove and change the pickup. Passive or Active pickup but no preamp.

I still want to keep some of the nice tone I love about the bass and warwick tone too. My pickup choice narrow down to

1. Delano JC5 HEs
    2. EMG X Series
    3. Aero Type 1

Any experience on those pickups or suggestions would be very helpful ^^

PS. Funk, blue, blue rock, Jazz and soul is my genre.
  2. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

Have you made a decision on your pickup swap?
  3. tubehead2

tubehead2

Yes, I just install Delano JC5 HE.
  4. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

What do you think of the delanos?
  5. tubehead2

tubehead2

Full body, warm, clear, smooth & even frequency respond with tight deep focus clean low B. ^^