1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warwick streamer LX Jazzman 4s

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wonky donkey, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Wonky donkey

Wonky donkey

Hi folks,
    Very sorry to jump in with a first post acting a daft question..... But....

I'm considering a purchase of a Warwick streamer LX. Jazzman 4 string.

It's not a model I'm familiar with ? Streamer LX ,yes..... Jazzman ,yes....
    But streamer LX jazzman ? Nope?

It plays very well and sounds great, but I'm clueless as to how i can price reference this bass in a 2 Nd hand market as I have no reference to compare it too?

I understand all prices are subjective and it's not possible to give accurate pricing, but if anyone can suggest a price they would expect to pay for the above bass, in good/ fair condition, gold hardware, and what looks like a red wine/ burg andy purplish oil finish .??

Any constructive comments are welcomed.

For info, I'll be trading my American standard fender jazz on it. Which is a nice bass, I'm not sure i want to let it go....not unless this Warwick is worth good money anyway.

Its hard with Warwick as they seem to make varying levels of quality of basses and as such the pricing can vary massively if your not quite sure what your looking at !
  2. Wonky donkey

Wonky donkey

One other question in relation to this bass.....

The neck is three peice bolt on, I can feel a distinct but only faint line of one of the three peices that is glued together to make the neck ?
    I'm not too bothered about it and would be happy enough to remove the neck and fettle it smooth with some wet/ dry paper .
    However, not being familiar with warwicks..... Is this a sight of imminent so failiure of the neck? Are they known for issues ?
  3. Doctor J

Doctor J

That's very common. Lightly sand it and wax it and you'll be fine.
  4. Wonky donkey

Wonky donkey

Oh great, don't mind a bit of fettlling.
    Thanks for the reply doc ;)
    Also, there is a little but off crackle on the bottom end, may just be poor battery i guess, but are there any issues with the pcb's etc.... I see they are an expensive replacement part ?

Again, if anyone could offer a very rough guide price for a second hand average condition warwick streamer LX Jazzman I'd be greatful ?
  5. Wonky donkey

Wonky donkey

Can any one help with this ?