1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Warwick Streamer Pro M pup swap?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Brother Goose, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Brother Goose

Brother Goose Fun with a k all day! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    (visitor from Planet Funktron)
    Has anyone replaced this setup? I'm thinking about replacing this system w a quality passive pup. I feel the electronics have too much coloration. Thinking about a good MM style or 2 jazz w V/V/T.

2. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    It's not an easy size rout to fill. I had a Fortress Masterman and tried to change it out, but it wasn't easy. FWIW, I put an EMG 35 sized pickup in with a chunk of wood to keep the space filled.

Delano does make a pickup in that shape.
    [​IMG]

I do agree that the electronics are lacking. Mine had one of the bass/treble stacks just... die.
    Are you opposed to using a different preamp to change the tone?

3. Brother Goose

Disclosures:
    Im going passive in all of my basses. Have a nice simple and clean signal that be juiced later. Less distracting knobs and switches

4. Brother Goose

Disclosures:
    I've got good feeling about that Delano. Or i might trade for a sweet parts bass

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    Now that I think about it, they make the "Dual J" cover as well, Mojotone sells it. If it's the right dimensions, you could really put almost anything under it... from standard J pickups to a MM to soapbars...

Wish I had a parts bass to trade you though... :D

7. LeifVernaculum

LeifVernaculum Supporting Member

I am in possession of that exact Delano pickup and trying to sell it. Asking $160, shipping included there. It's brand new and doesn't fit p deluxe basses.

8. LeifVernaculum

The Mojotone cover is the fender size. Pete biltoft is winding me a quad coil with that cover at the moment for my P lyte deluxe.

The Delano is meant to fit Warwicks (think of it US vs. German sizes). That little shiny plastic spacing between the coils creates the sizing difference.

9. LeifVernaculum

10. Brother Goose

Disclosures:
    Thats a good looking pickup.

11. LeifVernaculum

It's quad coil. I went passive with my P Lyte, which left me with extra knob holes from the 3 band EQ to fill. The Honda civic bolts look good, but when my custom quad finally comes, I'm planning to pop switches in those holes instead. So in the end I've replaced equalization with series/parallel/"single" switches.

I say switches because I'm hoping to wire that 3 way switch to another switch (2 way) that will determine what constitutes the single coil function of the first. Like, the two in-line bridgeward vs. neckward. Or use the catty corner coils, like another P pickup right at the bridge. I think that's a worthy trade-off from a preamp offering EQ.

12. DrewFolkadelics

DrewFolkadelics

I'm in this same boat right now with my Pro-M (5). I'm considering the Delano (because it's pretty much my only option short of getting a Twin-J pickup cover and stuffing my preferred pickups inside) in a passive setup or perhaps to add a Bart or Sadowsky pre.

If I get it in I will report on the results.

LeifVernaculum, I assume the pickup you are looking to sell is for 4-string?