1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

warwick thumb bo 4 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4stringSlaughtr, Feb 21, 2014.

1. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

Have a chance to pick a Warwick thumb bo for 600.00 no cracks or breaks anywhere , some noticeable buckle rash, but nothing that effects playability , I have just a few questions , good deal or bad deal ? Also are the thumbs only made in Germany ? Or is there like a cheaper rock bass version of the thumb that's made? I haven't had a chance to get the serial number yet to do any research on the matter, any insight would help, thanks !

2. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

If it is shiny/high polish gloss with silver hard wear it is made in Korea (ok deal, not great, not bad). If it is natural oil finish/black hard wear it is made in Germany (and a good deal).

3. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

It's got black hardware, and a dark wood grain color didn't really look shiny or glossy

4. Creeper2

Creeper2

Considering I bought my Warwick bolt on 4 string brand new for 2000 bucks back in 2003 I'd say you scored yourself a killer deal

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

http://www.google.com/search?biw=64...4.1.105.0L_3-fBP8QE#biv=i|9;d|2eL2gWy09DK25M:

Looks like that Google images search, but it's obviously used , some scratches in between the pick ups, looks like someone used a pick on it for a while, dust in between the bridge n stuff..it won't let me post pics from my phone right now , but the body is the same color of wood, and doesn't look glossy or shiny like you mentioned for the other model

7. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

My biggest regret was selling my Thumb BO (ovangkol body/wenge neck, not bubinga/bubinga). Looks like you found one helluva deal!

8. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

9. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Check the serial number and that will tell you exactly when/where it was made.

10. Kustom_Thunder

Kustom_Thunder Supporting Member

That's a good deal my friend. I have the koren thumb pro 5 bolt on and love it. I'll get a German thumb some day but for now I'm happy with my pro

11. GM60466

GM60466

Nice buy you made.

12. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

Mmbongo I plan to check the serial number as soon as I can , but don't have access to the serial number right now , as I'm at work ,just wasn't sure if there was another sure way to tell other than serial numbers

13. 4stringSlaughtr

4stringSlaughtr

Ok so its an 02 Warwick ,b.o. thumb 4 string ovangkol neck/ ovangkol body black hardware, natural oil finish