1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Warwick thumb bolt on question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thebassplaya, Dec 7, 2013.

1. thebassplaya

thebassplaya

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a Warwick thumb bolt on used off a private seller...

I'm concerned I might be buying a Korean made as opposed to a German made. Is there any way I can check to ensure its German. And be 100% certain..? Thanks
  2. Morning Beer

Morning Beer

Never seen a Korean one that was oil finished, and they have a maple neck.
  3. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

Yeah, its obvious. Gloss finish/maple neck = Korean (as far as thumbs go, the rules change with vetoes). Oil finish/dark wood neck = German.
  4. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Supporting Member

Easy, I should say, obvious after you've read the posts above.
  5. thebassplaya

thebassplaya

Cheers guys.
  6. Kaappari

Kaappari

If it has wenge neck, it is made in germany.
  7. Doctor J

Doctor J

Get the serial number and check Warwick's website. They keep an inventory, you can check to see every detail.