Warwick WA 600 not very loud?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Suatie, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Suatie

Suatie Supporting Member

I just received this head and paired it to the WA 410 cab, although the sound is very clear, I am a bit disappointed that it does not sound as powerful as I expected it to. Definitely not as loud as the Ampeg Svt500, that I also tried in the same room before.
    I would appreciate to hear other's experiences, before I consider returning it.
  2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Hello Suatie - Is your cab 8 ohm or 4 ohm? For maximum power you must run the WA600 at 4 ohms. I find mine to be quite loud when running at 4 ohms. Thanks!
  3. Suatie

Suatie Supporting Member

My cab is the Warwick WA 410 at 8 ohms (is there a way to modify it to 4 ohms?)

.... I have been playing around with it a bit more and I am getting happier, the clarity is amazing.

I also found out that I can go up much higher in volume with no real distortion, I am not used to getting past the mid point on other amps, on this I was all the way up, and it got LOUD!!!

I have decided to keep it and enjoy it.
  4. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Ok, that makes sense. At 8 ohms you are only using half of the amps rated power. If you want to run at 4 ohms you can add another 8 ohm extension cab, or just use 1 - 4 ohm cab. And yes, you can run the volume quite high with no distortion, which is a feature of the WA/BC line of amps. Thanks!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Suatie

Suatie Supporting Member

So to be very clear, if I get another 8ohm WA 410 and connect it to my WA600 I will get the full 600 watts at the same quality? Sounds like a no brainer
  7. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Suatie - Yes, that is exactly correct. You can use any 8 ohm cab - in our WA series we offer the WCA410, WCA115, and WAC210. If you're running 2 - 8ohm cabs, the amp will be loaded at 4 ohms, producing the full 600 watts, with the same (or better) quality tone.
  8. Suatie

Suatie Supporting Member

Well I ordered another WA410...

The dealer I am buying from does not have the casters for these, do you have any recommendations or size specs, they are pretty heavy as you know :)
  9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Suatie - I checked with our NY Custom Shop, and they have the casters in stock. You can email Dan at d.africano@warwick.de or call 212-777-6990. Thanks!
  10. Suatie

Suatie Supporting Member

You make me feel really good about purchasing Warwick products, your support is amazing to go along with great products.

Thanks.
  11. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    My pleasure, Suatie - thanks for the kind words. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else you need help with. Enjoy your WA600!
  12. Frimo

Frimo

I have a WCA410 4ohm cab and would like to pair it with a wca210 cab 4 ohm on top of it.. But that would bring the total impedance to a 2ohm load... Can the WA600 handle a 2ohm load?
  13. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

14. Zarathustra3

Zarathustra3 Supporting Member

I have my WA 600 running through a 4 ohm ampeg cab and it's loud as ****. You can max out the gain and volume and there is no distortion.