Warwick wca 410 issues after live gig!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by CALIsub5, Feb 14, 2014.

1. CALIsub5

CALIsub5

Hey internet thanks for letting me join.
    Basically I have a question for you gurus. I had my amp and quad used for the backline of 4 bands last night. Halfway through the last act it died. I switched inputs on the amp and all was good. So one would assume the amp was the problem but NO! its not. I got home and have done extensive testing only to find out my amp works with my other quad. So i tested the leads they all work. The problem is my quad box (warwick wca 410). So I took the grate off and removed/tested the speakers directly and all worked (thank god). But then plugged it back up and only to find out that it is not working again. After careful testing I have come to the conclusion the input jacks on the back of the cab have been fried somehow but not sure. Anyway if anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Lucas

2. punkjazzben

punkjazzben Supporting Member

Maybe one of the other bass players wrecked an input by trying to shove the wrong kind of plug in the wrong kind of socket? I've seen it happen...

The Warwick cabs have two sets of sockets yes? Have you tried the other style?

3. CALIsub5

CALIsub5

i used the 1/4 inch jack leads not the speakon. So no I have not tested the with speakon and will give it a shot once i have some to use. Cheers for that advice