warwick wca pro 411 and 211 cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by easternbull, Nov 6, 2010.

1. easternbull

easternbull

Anyone had a chance to try these cabs? Made in china like most cabs these days, but the price 544€ and 342€ isn't too bad.

No chance to demo these and I would love some feedabck, how do they compare to GK MBE series cabs for quality/tone as they are in the same price range.

Just sold my trusty combo, my v-type 600h head is in transit and I need a good for it cab fast.

2. easternbull

easternbull

3. TESPE

TESPE

I have both and I'm totally satisfied with 'em but I can't compare them to other cabs, sorry.

4. interstatejoe

interstatejoe

I picked up a 411 and I love the sound I get running either my Traynor YBA200 thru it. It just pounds out the lows and I get asked about my rig all the time by other bassists every time I'm at the rehearsal studio. I can't compare to the GB stuff, but IMO the Warwick cabs are often overlooked for their performance.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

I think it very much depends on what you're using it for. I have the 211 pro, which is pretty nice and punchy for a rock sound on my horizontal bass, but can't handle the big lows from my EUB. I suspect it may have something to do with the cabinet being too small, although it's certainly not light. I get more volume and bottom from a single BFM Jack 12, which is housed in an enclosure slightly bigger than the 2 x 10. Obviously, that's far from the only design difference. But for a well-priced cab in the right application and environment, I was pretty happy with it. Can't compare it to the GK cabs you mentioned, though.

7. Makatak

Makatak

I run two 211 pro`s , one for smaller gigs and using 2 for larger gigs and then obviously going 4 ohms . Yes they are priced well , I bought one new and had to take it back because one of the drivers was giving some low volume distortion [ weird ] , but they replaced that and its fine now , the other one I bought dirt cheap of a local auction site and has been fine .
    I A/B`d my first one with my ten year old Peavey 210tx cab which I had just previously sold to " upgrade " to the Warwicks. , the Peavey definately had a much nicer " scooped " sound , but the Warwick seemed to be " louder " . the music stores dont have satisfaction guaranteed/money back guarantees here in New Zealand so I had to keep it , but Im used to the different sound now and like it . hence getting the second one . Im running a German Warwick pro fet IV for the full rig and a Ashdown Little Giant for rehearsals and smaller gigs and the cabs are great ..... definately not worth forking out twice the amount of cash for an EBS , GK , Mesa , SWR etc unless I went pro lol [ I did have a SWR Quad and it had a to- die- for tone but needed a forklift to transport it !! . Also picked up an Aphex Bass Xciter which is the bomb for tarting up my Jazz Bass tone . One tip tho .. take off the speaker grilles and get them re-powder coated to get rid of the hideous " W " logo , havent done that yet but its in the pipeline .
    So anyway Id go for it but buy 2 , see if you can get a smalldiscount on the second .
    One more thing , these cabs are wired in parallel so if you run one cab , go out only one output on the back of your amp , into one input on the cab and then " daisy chain " out the adjacent output on that cab into your second !

BTW , always get comments about how killer my sound is .

8. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

I never see Kiwi's on here. Now the last 3 of us have been. I have a 411 pro. The sound isn't exactly what I'm looking for anymore. It's a fantastic sound, just not for me. The main problem is how bulky and heavy they are.

9. Makatak

Makatak

Heya Kiwi . Yeah maybe not the most sophisticated sound but definately good bang for buck . Im SO over quads now , too big and heavy , even though the neo`s are light they are always like fitting a square peg into a round hole as far as getting them into your car is concerned . If i won Lotto id get a couple of neo swr 210`s !! .
    BTW I rekon the best thing to ever happen to Bass Cabinets was putting adjustable HF Horns ino them .... cant handle playing through anything else now , all muddy puke lol !

10. ExurKun

ExurKun

im gonna agree with everyone so far, nothing really amazing but good bang for your buck

11. TESPE

TESPE

Are you sure about that? 'Cause I'm running my two the usual way, using 2 cables from my amp and not the daisy chain method and it worked for the past 3 years or so.....

12. okcrum

okcrum in your chest Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Dark Horse strings
    I have a pair of the original 211 Pros, and together or singly they are nice and punchy for a 4 string. They are at -10 dB at about 40 Hz, and I usually use a low-tuned 15" with one of them when I play a fiver.

The 10" drivers are 16 ohm and wired in parallel, and the tweeter is driven through a high pass filter rather than a crossover. The back panel jacks are wired in parallel as well. The circuit diagram can be obtained from the Warwick site.

All in all, a good value. Side by side with an Avatar 2x10 Neo, the Warwick is noticably punchier.

13. easternbull

easternbull

thanks, for the feedback guys. geuss theres no way round it, you have to fork ou if you want something special. thing that caught my eye with the warwicks was the adjustable horn for that price.

used and abused market here for cabs here in finland is not so good, plenty of ashdown and hartke cabs, but nothing intresting.

Rely not sure, maybe I should sell some more stuff and fork out a few more 100€ and buy a rely good cab.

14. Makatak

Makatak

Yep sure as I can be . I emailed Warwick and they confirmed that and the music store confirmed it as well . [ cant remember if its series or paralell though , obviously makes a big difference but thats the way ive been told to run Warwick cabs anyway ]

15. okcrum

okcrum in your chest Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Dark Horse strings
    Here's the thing, though. An Avatar 2x10 isn't going to be any better than the Warwick 211, save for the midrange hump. It doesn't have any more low end than the Warwick, so things might not be as bad as you think. The two cabs are virtually identical dimensionally.