1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by seedvicious, Feb 12, 2014.

1. seedvicious

seedvicious

Hello good people!

Im planing to buy a warwick bass in the near future (probabably corvette or a streamer)... and cause i never owned one i have a couple of question.

do they make warwick basses in medium scale with 20 frets?

how do the necks compare to the fender jazz bass? i mean the width and so on.. cause i find fender jazz necks to be very comfortable and very fast. specially for my a bit smaller hands. are the warwick necks the same, bigger or even smaller?

and the last are these basses versatile for music genres like punk, hard rock, reggaee and so on.

thank in advance!
  2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Sponsored by Jagermeister Supporting Member

No on the short scale and 20 frets.

I've had about eight of them, but they were all older German made ones, and all had fat necks like baseball bat, nothing reminiscent of a Jazz at all.

I'd recommend trying a Musicman Sterling bass (the USA model) if you like a slim neck and a brighter tone.
  3. seedvicious

seedvicious

hmm now thats dissapointing. im actually looking for a small body bass with a slim neck and ofcourse a great tone! the fender jazz bass is just too big for me. cause im a smaller dude, around 1,70 m, i need a bass that wont made me look even smaller, you what i mean... i know ibanez could fit, but i just dont like ibanez, thats why i tought maybe i try the warwick..
  4. vaesto

vaesto

Steinberger headless bass? For sure it is the smallest that comes to mind. Also check fender/squier Mustang bass or any other "short scale" if you want something classical.
  5. canuckshort

canuckshort

If a Warwick Rockbass will do, they do make a medium scale but I believe it has 24 frets.
  6. punkjazzben

punkjazzben

Yep. Warwick make RockBass Corvettes in a 24-fret, 32" medium scale, and a 24-fret. 30 3/4" short scale. You might need to have a store place a special order for one.

As an aside. Warwick necks haven't had a baseball bat profile for a very long time, and RockBasses have never had remarkably thick necks.

They are very versatile instruments and have all of sort of bells and whistles (the bridge and nut come to mind) that make life easier at times. An active model has a lot of tonal options, and you can dial in tones that will work for the styles you mentioned.

Totally get where you're coming from regarding big bass bodies, too. Jazz bodies just look silly on me.
  7. seedvicious

seedvicious

kinda like your post punkjazz. is really bad they dont make ones with 20 frets. but i will definetly try the rockbass at the guitar shop.

the steinberg headles is just hiddious :) and the mustang i dont like eather. will try the warwick out and keep looking. do the musicmans also have smaller body as asposed to fender jazz basses? of what i've heard the necks on musicman basses are nice thin and fast also.