1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Was it a real fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chilepunkbass, Jan 6, 2014.

1. chilepunkbass

chilepunkbass

Hi people!
    Around a year and a half ago I saw a bass on mercadolibre.cl (the Chilean version of craigslist).
    Thing is it said fender on the headstock and the owner claimed it was a fender. But it cost 35 thousand clp. That's around 70 us dollars. That's also how much my first (plywood) PJ bass cost me. In Chile it's extremely difficult to find a bass at under 80 us dollars and MIM fender (used) go for about 600-700 and up US dollars USED each.
    Back to the bass. It seemed to be pink and refinished in a greenish colour, but it was very beat up and you could see both colours and the wood in some parts.
    I remember telling my dad about it, because I was saving up for my first bass back then and he said that it was too beat up to buy, so I didn't. I knew back then that fender was a big name but now I wonder.
    what if it was a real fender?
    Do you think it was?
    :help:
  2. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Put an ad up to see if the buyer is willing to sell. Have him email you some pics if he responds. Then post them here. Surely the TB community will be able to tell you. We would need more info to help you out though.
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Based on what you say for prices, no, but without pictures it's impossible to know.
  4. chilepunkbass

chilepunkbass

Sorry but this was over a year ago.
    in mercado libre the buyer is totally anonymous and so is the seller, you can't email either of them without.
    the only way to get the email of the seller is to click purchase.
    And they delete sold ads after some time so sorry, there is no way I can find pictures of it.
    and besides, it's not like I want (or can) purchase it, it's just curiosity
    But I can describe it to the best of my ability tough
  5. rootsnfifths

rootsnfifths Supporting Member

Then I would say we will never know.

I have seen people sell instruments for dirt cheap simply because they did not know any better. Makes you wonder if that bass was real, not Fender but with a decal or even something vintage (shell pink, sea foam green?):meh:
  6. pfox14

pfox14

Without pictures and some TB expert opinions, you are SOL.