1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Was my Warwick made in Germany?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by M Sterling, Dec 3, 2010.

1. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

I did a search and didn't find my answer. I have a 2002 Warwick Thumb bass bolt on 5 string. I plugged the serial in the warwick website, but it did not tell me the country of origin. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Pics?

I will say that I've never seen or heard of a rockbass Thumb, so I would think it's a German model that you're rocking.

3. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

I don't think they've made Thumbs anywhere but Germany.

4. Righteous Thunderer

Righteous Thunderer

All Thumb models were made in Germany.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the quick responses. I figured the only basses not made in Germany at that time were the Corvette STD (Korea) and the Rockbass (China). I was just looking for confirmation from my awesome friends at TB. Thanks guys!!!

7. Shmone

Shmone

Thumbs are only made in Germany and at that time the corvettes were also made in Germany.

The Warwick serial tool doesn't say the country of origin since it only work with models made in Germany.

8. Absentia

Absentia

look under the battery cover it'll ahve the serial and say "made in Germany".

9. Buslady7803

Buslady7803

Yeah its german, dont worry about it. Post on the warwick forum about it if you wanna
    At that time 2002 , corvettes were german..mine is. Only RB is not german...do Warwicks have Fahrvergnugen? Lol

10. EarlTroutman

EarlTroutman

Go to the Warwick forum. Have some fun. You will get more info there than anywhere else. I posted about a Warwick and found out the month, year and day it was made. And then others replied with photos of their Warwicks, same models and year.

11. flipper_gv

flipper_gv

corvette std were made in Germany until 2010.

12. suthrnbass56

suthrnbass56

Joining in years later, just thought I would add...there are Thumb Bolt-On's made in Korea. They are part of the Pro series, and cheaper than the German made models. You can find them online and tell based on price. The Pro series sells for $1100-$1400, the German made Thumb BO sells now for over $3 grand.