1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Washburn B20 Dead

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kodiakblair, Feb 18, 2014.

1. kodiakblair

kodiakblair

EDITED Please ignore the following post. Further investigating turned-up a loose connection. Will look harder before posting in future.

I picked up a Force 4 B20 at the weekend. There was no amp to try her out and I was kinda impulsive, she looked well cared for and time was short price was good too.

So after a couple of days setting the action and intonation I finally get round to plugging it in. Dead no sound at all, quick change of the battery still no sound. I had a look at wiring and circuit board but found no evidence of scorch marks, nothing looks amiss.

Thing is surely it should still play passive ? There's no clicks or crackles when plugging in.

Anyone any ideas where to start fault finding ?

Cheers K.B

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Negative, assuming an active bass will play without a battery is wrong. I don't know how many, if any, can do this. Put in a fresh battery and then try.