1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Washburn RB-2802, first 8 string equipment questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by strikeslast, Jan 16, 2014.

1. strikeslast

strikeslast

Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit of advice from whoever has a bit of experience with 8-strings, particularly the Washburn rb-2802. From what I understand, it's a pretty uncommon bass (couldn't even find any demos on YT), but I have two concerns:

1- I paid $235 including shipping, the input jack needs to be re-soldered, which isn't a big concern. Did I get a good deal? There are very few price listings for this particular bass floating around. The way I see it, 235 isn't much at all for any decently made bass, regardless of one 5-dollar piece of hardware that I can replace myself.

2- This thing comes equipped with 4 normal roundwounds. If I want to equip this thing with a set of real 8-strings, what strings will fit this thing? Will D'addario XLs work?

Thanks you guys, I'm pretty pumped to get learning my 8-string, it'll be quite a trip :)

edit: forgot picture for reference- http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzQzWDE0MTI=/z/fjkAAOxydlFSzrmh/$_57.JPG
  2. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

Hi strikelast!

First, congratulation for your nice score! you make a lot of jealous ones, could you join us on the TalkBass Washburn owners club? If you come there we will respond to most of your questions. See you there!:bassist: