Washburn RB-2802, first 8 string equipment questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by strikeslast, Jan 16, 2014.

1. strikeslast

strikeslast

Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit of advice from whoever has a bit of experience with 8-strings, particularly the Washburn rb-2802. From what I understand, it's a pretty uncommon bass (couldn't even find any demos on YT), but I have two concerns:

1- I paid $235 including shipping, the input jack needs to be re-soldered, which isn't a big concern. Did I get a good deal? There are very few price listings for this particular bass floating around. The way I see it, 235 isn't much at all for any decently made bass, regardless of one 5-dollar piece of hardware that I can replace myself.

2- This thing comes equipped with 4 normal roundwounds. If I want to equip this thing with a set of real 8-strings, what strings will fit this thing? Will D'addario XLs work?

Thanks you guys, I'm pretty pumped to get learning my 8-string, it'll be quite a trip :)

edit: forgot picture for reference- http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzQzWDE0MTI=/z/fjkAAOxydlFSzrmh/$_57.JPG

2. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

Hi strikelast!

First, congratulation for your nice score! you make a lot of jealous ones, could you join us on the TalkBass Washburn owners club? If you come there we will respond to most of your questions. See you there!:bassist: