1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Washburn xb400 - no output

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cdactivist, Dec 5, 2013.

1. cdactivist

cdactivist

Hey guys
    Just bought an early 90s Washburn grover Jackson 4string xb400 on eBay for £80 ($140ish)

Its a beautiful piece in really good condition apart from there is no output
    - could just be a jack socket as the lead didn't sit quite right but could be the electronics are shot for all I know (I am not skilled or have a meter to test)

In waiting to hear back from the seller but given the cost, I have offered to keep it for a refunded percentage and I'll take the risk on trying to sort it out

I can solder etc but here comes the questions... :) ..
    If seller agrees and I keep this, are the electronics worth trying to save?
    If not is the wood/neck good enough to warrant sticking new electronics in ?

If so, what would you recommend?

This bass feels really well crafted - better then a lot I've checked out (I am fairly much a newbie btw)

Thanks in advance
    Adrian
  2. Larry Mal

Larry Mal

I'm interested in this questions also. No advice yet. Good luck!