1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Watch my youtube covers?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by AtheistMuffin, Dec 31, 2012.

1. AtheistMuffin

AtheistMuffin

I want to become more known. Once I get money I'm investing in recording gear and software to do professional covers. Here's the link my newest video. My apologies if this isn't allowed on the forums.

2. Auguste

Auguste

I assume you want honest comments.

You seem to be uninterested in what you are doing. No energy and that little one finger pluck on the fret board is just one example.

I don't see the art of the crotch shot, plus it hides your right hand as you play.

Work on your delivery and your project might be realized one day! Good luck!

3. thereallime

thereallime

4. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

about 5 seconds in....yyyyyeah try a new camera angle.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

+1 I could do without the ball-cam...

7. Disappear

Disappear

+1

Move to the music, feel it. This'll help you with timing, dynamics, and overall feel of the tune.

I hear some tuning issues but that could just be the recording.

Assuming you learned the song with tabs (forgive me if I am wrong), if anything you really should do it by ear. Case and point in the "All in all you're just another brick in the wall" chorus (0:58 in the vid), you play the chord progression of F D D. The chord progression is F C D.

Moreover in the guitar solo outro, if you listen carefully to the track, the bass track doesn't repeat itself the way you have. What I mean is he alternates which octave D he uses when he begins the bass line.

But yeah, some timing issues but that could be the recording and the occasional wrong note.

You're fine, you just need to touch up a couple things and get it a bit tighter.

Instead of critiquing here, it would be better if you started your own thread, you know?