Wavedrum or Handsonic?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thetaxmiser, Jan 15, 2014.

1. thetaxmiser

thetaxmiser Supporting Member

Anyone have experience with these?

Korg just came out with the Wavedrum Global and Roland recently introduced the Handsonic 20. Both seem pretty cool and versatile but I only know what I've read.

I plan on checking both out over the weekend. Any advice?
  2. newbold

newbold

The new handsonic is a more versatile unit for making your own beats.

Wavedrum is more of an interactive v-drum. very cool.

Do you want to mixdown bats directly to USB and use it as a drum machine or more of a standalone instrument?

As far as a versatile writing and jamming tool I'd think the Handsonic would be better but adding a great intereactive percussion element to a stage setup would probably have the wavedrum coming out on top.
  3. thetaxmiser

It would be for live use. Create rhythms in real time into a looper (boomerang) and layer bass and guitar. The handsonic can use triggers for kickdrum and hi hat. The wavedrum seems to be sensitive to stick/mallet/brush. I'm looking for a wide range of quality sounds which both seem to have.
  4. thetaxmiser

Hand a chance to try out the wavedrum global. They also had a handsonic but it was the previous version, the hpf-15.

The handsonic is a laid out more logically, Separate pads, separate sounds. Easy top access sound banks. Made to use with hands, not sticks / mallets. The samples were lacking to my ears.

Wavedrum not intuitive at all. Great sample sounds.

Very difficult to try these out. The store knew next to nothing about their own inventory. Nice guys but this is what drives people to the internet.

I will need to make another field trip or two before I get a real feeling for these devices.