1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

way huge pork loin question(s)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petros-J, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Petros-J

Petros-J

Hey everybody!
    Just wanted to ask some questions about this purple beauty that I recently purchased. Im interested in the [always on] use of this pedal for that sweet amount of crunchy drive.

1)when you also have a preamp pedal thats always on too (ex: BDDI) where do you put the way huge? first or last? or just before the modulation?
    2)also interested in opinions of G&L users. first/last? for both active/passive settings?

I know the obvious answer that finally I will do whatever suits my ears better but shoot me anyway

thanx in advance
    Petros
  2. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

I own the PL and an Aguilar Tone Hammer pre. I tried the PL before and after but ultimately decided to leave it before the preamp. I leave it on all the time and also leave on the Tone Hammer's AGS circuit and I just felt the PL sounded better in this configuration. I don't use any other effects so I can't comment beyond that.

I'd say use your ears and experiment!
  3. TMFoodBass

TMFoodBass

Disclosures:
    None
    I have the pork loin and a sansamp bddi. I run the pork loin before the sansamp as an always on mild od since I use the bddi as a DI and i'm not a fan of the overdrive of the sansamp.
    I run all other effects before the pork loin, but it's really a matte of taste and what you're planning on using the pork loin for. If you're using it as an always on, i'd put it just before the preamp, otherwise experiment with it.
  4. Petros-J

Petros-J

that's the way im gonna go too. after everything, before the BDDI.
    Can you tell me the amount of BDDI's drive u are using? I have the same opinion about it. its not my fav, but i think before 10 o'clock it kinda kills that warm sound this pedal can produce