1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ways to get a great youtube bass cover

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Edgeless, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Edgeless

Edgeless

Hello Everyone

I'm planning on recording a bass cover of "Mr Brightside" by The Killers today, What are some good ways to get a good bass sound through the mix, I'm thinking about running a MIDI file of the song through Cubase and play in place of the Bass MIDI and sync the video up to that after ive mixed it down. also any ideas to get a good video overall like presentation and editing ?

Some gear I'm using

- Ricky 4001 USA 1973
    - Orange Crush 35B watt

If you need any info just ask
    Thanks in advance

2. Bass_Liner

Bass_Liner

well use windows movie maker, sony vegas or EditStudio

3. Corey Y

Corey Y Supporting Member

Record your video and audio separately and sync them. Load up the song into whatever DAW you use, setup your video camera, roll and do a clap to sync them up. "Take one....", etc. like in the picture shows, match up the point your hands clap to the sound on the audio. That way the audio mix and the video are two different entities and you don't sacrifice the quality of one for the other.

4. thereturnfc

thereturnfc

I used two program, one daw and one movie editor

I mix the sound first... Then export to best Wav or mp3 then edit in movie editor ...

I suggest try use the original mp3 then reduced the bass sightly in the mix( except ur bass for obvious reason)

Should sound great with good DI

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BadBassNo9

BadBassNo9

Run a mixer into your PC, put song through one channel, bass through the other. Select "mic" or sound source in the control panel whilst you are filming, and viola... no syncing. Do you think it would work?

7. watsafret

watsafret

Your original idea is the best so far. Mute the bass in the midi track and plug your own bass in.

The suggestion of using a clap for a reference is good as well.