Ways to tighten things up?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kwesi, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

So I've lost a lot of weight over the past year (still got a ways to go though) and while a lot of fat has gone, the skin seems to be slower to take. Are the specific exercises to tighten skin or do I just have to wait it out?

I guess I could've gone to google but the internet at large seems to just have lots of nonsense about weight loss and stuff that I don't feel like sifting through.
  2. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    It depends how much it is hanging. You may need to get some "nip and tuck" type surgery, but you might not, either. You seem to be pretty young, so some natural elasticity will take effect, but it does take quite a lot of time.

I would talk to some professionals, and get more than one opinion, if I were you. Another thing is, build a ton of muscle, and bulk up that way.

I hope you find good answers!
  3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Unless you were mega overweight, the skin should tighten up in it's own time. There's likely still excess fat there too.
  4. Immigrant

Immigrant

Congrats on the weight loss!

Did you lose so much that if you went swimming shirtless, your skin would float as if you were wearing a t-shirt?

I have a relative who lost at least 150 lbs, and she's still trying to tighten up years later. I think it becomes harder the older you are because skin doesn't behave the same anymore. :bawl:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

congrats, Quesi ;)

and yeah, lift weights and take it to another level.
  7. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Age is certainly a factor, genetics too. It also depends on how overweight you were and how quickly you lose it (how quickly it was put on too can have an impact).

Either way, time is most likely all that's needed! :)
  8. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Bulking up helps, but the biggest problem most people will have is around the mid-section. An area which doesn't tend to get a lot bigger when you do put on the muscle mass :p
  9. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Like others have said, the skin should tighten up over time, but if you were excessively overweight (I don't think you were from the pics I've seen) you may need some surgery to tighten it up.
  10. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Thanks for the tips ya'll. I'll probably go see a professional just to see what's up but till then I'll keep liftin and stuff.
  11. Monster Truck

Monster Truck Supporting Member

Can't help you out, Kwesi, but congrats on the weight loss.
  12. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

I would ask Major Metal since he has recently gone through this. Hope you're doing well, Kwesi.