1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

WDR Big Band Live Stream

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by John Goldsby, Dec 12, 2013.

1. John Goldsby

John Goldsby Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Disclosures:
    Bassist @ WDR Big Band Cologne, Regular Contributor to Bass Player Magazine
    Hey TBers: For anyone who's interested, we're doing a live stream today/tonight (Thursday, Dec. 12th) with the WDR Big Band. It's the run-through recording/rehearsal of this week's project "Soul Christmas." Rich DeRosa did the arrangements, which are fantastic.

It will be streamed live from Studio 4, Cologne (Westdeutscher Rundfunk) at 19:00 (CET/Europe) which is 1:00 (EST/US East Coast).

You can watch the live stream here.

They'll have 7 HD cameras in the studio . . . should be pretty good. I'll be playing the following:
    Jean Auray Double Bass, recorded with a Schoeps MK41.
    Sadowsky, Will Lee 4-String, direct and through a Glockenklang Bass Art for the live monitoring.

2. Yea!! I really enjoyed this! Great production, sound, charts and an excellent band of fantastic musicians. Rhythm section nailed a bunch of styles... so much awesome music coming out of this band.
    Thanks for sharing

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. John Goldsby

Mar 4, 2003
    Disclosures:
    Thanks, jcrowe. It was a nice production . . . we usually do a more commercial-type program like this every holiday season. Some of the charts, though (from Rich DeRosa) were really killin' . . .

Thanks for checking it out.

5. I'll check back about 6PM my time. Great website…

6. John Goldsby

Mar 4, 2003
    Disclosures:
    Hi Trey - It was a live stream, so it's gone into the ether now. They might put it back up in a few days just as a temporary archive . . . I'll post again if they do.

7. John Goldsby

Mar 4, 2003
    Disclosures:
    Okay — they got the video up on our WDR Big Band webpage now. It's a bit out of sync, because it's still the live stream quality that seems to be a couple of frames off. But at least you can see where I spend my days :) For anyone who's interested, anyway. (Mom?)

8. Sekundus

Sekundus

Oct 29, 2013
    Thank you for sharing this. Great band and nice arrangements.