1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  2. Search results may return 0 or few results. We are currently rebuilding the search index, may take a couple hours. Thank you for your patience!

WDR Big Band Live Stream

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by John Goldsby, Dec 12, 2013.

1. John Goldsby

John Goldsby Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Bassist @ WDR Big Band Cologne, Regular Contributor to Bass Player Magazine
    Hey TBers: For anyone who's interested, we're doing a live stream today/tonight (Thursday, Dec. 12th) with the WDR Big Band. It's the run-through recording/rehearsal of this week's project "Soul Christmas." Rich DeRosa did the arrangements, which are fantastic.

It will be streamed live from Studio 4, Cologne (Westdeutscher Rundfunk) at 19:00 (CET/Europe) which is 1:00 (EST/US East Coast).

You can watch the live stream here.

They'll have 7 HD cameras in the studio . . . should be pretty good. I'll be playing the following:
    Jean Auray Double Bass, recorded with a Schoeps MK41.
    Sadowsky, Will Lee 4-String, direct and through a Glockenklang Bass Art for the live monitoring.

2. jcrowe

jcrowe

Yea!! I really enjoyed this! Great production, sound, charts and an excellent band of fantastic musicians. Rhythm section nailed a bunch of styles... so much awesome music coming out of this band.
    Thanks for sharing

3. John Goldsby

Disclosures:
    Thanks, jcrowe. It was a nice production . . . we usually do a more commercial-type program like this every holiday season. Some of the charts, though (from Rich DeRosa) were really killin' . . .

Thanks for checking it out.

4. Treyzer

Treyzer

I'll check back about 6PM my time. Great website…

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. John Goldsby

Disclosures:
    Hi Trey - It was a live stream, so it's gone into the ether now. They might put it back up in a few days just as a temporary archive . . . I'll post again if they do.

7. John Goldsby

Disclosures:
    Okay — they got the video up on our WDR Big Band webpage now. It's a bit out of sync, because it's still the live stream quality that seems to be a couple of frames off. But at least you can see where I spend my days :) For anyone who's interested, anyway. (Mom?)

8. Sekundus

Sekundus

Thank you for sharing this. Great band and nice arrangements.