WE BROKE THE RECORD!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Apr 15, 2014.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

With the couple of inches of snow we got last night, Detroit officially broke it's record for the snowiest winter ever, set in 1881. We are now at just under 95" for the year. Now I realize that some places in No. MI got over 230" for the year, but still it's nice that we won't have any old timers telling us "you should have seen 81, this nothing". :D

In the meanwhile the weather for the Tigers game tonight is snow showers and 32 at game time, fitting for April 15th.

:bag:
  2. edpal

edpal The hell you say!? Gold Supporting Member

I'm about 30 miles north of you. I could have lived without the record breaker, I have some trees I need to plant, put peas in the ground 4-5 days ago. The peas should be ok if they've spouted far enough along. Of course it will be a relatively balmy 62 in 2 days.:confused:
  3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

We're at 121.7, but expecting some today. The race doesn't end for another 3 weeks or so.
  4. bachlover

bachlover Supporting Member

We had a huge amount of snow this year as well. Probably not a record as historically we get a lot here most years. Started in the 1st week of Oct. and it's not through yet. Last year we had floods that caused millions in damages that pretty much shut the whole city down with probably less snow than we've had this year. Everybody's hoping that we're not in for more of the same this year.
  5. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost

We're running headlong into a drought :/
  6. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

Psst! It's spring! How could a springtime snowfall get your winter stats into the record books?
  7. Mktrat

Mktrat Wait. What? Supporting Member

I'm close enough to feel your rumble..... but seriously it's Michigan. We get this excited over snow? :D
  8. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

hashtag climate change
  9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies

Because the record books are all about the year cycle, and that's not tied to actual seasons, just from when snow starts in the fall to when it ends in the spring.
  10. aborgman

aborgman Supporting Member

Detroit broke the record this morning at ~95".

Ann Arbor, where I am, is at 97" - we broke our record last month.

Muskegon (where I grew up) hit 133"... but they still aren't anywhere near their record of 174" in 1981-82.
  11. mkandolf

mkandolf

And with a little inclement weather, Michigan drivers once again learn they can't drive in it!!! Friggin' idiots at on ramp 237 on I-94 westbound this morning... one car wrong way against the side guard rail, one car in the ditch lights pointing skyward, one pickup left front fender embedded into the concrete center divider, another car pulled over for some unknown reason... car ahead of me just about lost it on the overpass.

But... should I move the snow blower out of my garage yet? I haven't yet.
  12. Mktrat

I normally move the shovel from next to the side door around Cinco de Mayo. I feel confident at that point I won't need them till at least Halloween.:rollno:
  13. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Winter is now passé. Let's check this shiny, new Springtime stuff I keep hearing about.
  14. edpal

edpal The hell you say!? Gold Supporting Member

Wow, this was like a Michigan Bassplayers convention.
    I'm with ^ - enough of the white crap!
  15. David Jayne

David Jayne

I live in southern CT where it's been lovely lately. I'm sorry, but all this really means is, well, Michigan sucks.

:-D
  16. Mktrat

My daughter (age 2) loved playing in the snow all winter. She walked out to the car this morning and bawled her eyes because it was cold, snowy, and she had to wear a coat!!
  17. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Im not sure if it was a record breaker but over here in minnesota we had 50 days where the temps were below zero with a consecutive 17 day stretch, they claim it was the worst winter since 1936, I wasnt around then so I cant say from experience, just what I heard from the local weather guru's. Dog loves the snow, he would go out and lay on top of what was left last week, he didnt want to come in.
  18. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Well, I think this is all we need to neatly zip up that global warming thread. Non. Issue. :rolleyes::D:bag:

Sorry. :atoz:
  19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio!

Disclosures:
    Applications Engineer, QSC Audio
    Friggin' Obama.
  20. David Jayne

David Jayne

They terk er jerbs!!!!!