1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

We have recently recorded our EP, and now it has been released! For Free!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by vonsparks, Oct 21, 2013.

1. vonsparks

vonsparks

Hi guys,

I posted a little while back asking for any pointers on recording our first album/EP... Well we have recorded and now the album has been released, for free on Soundcloud!

It wasn't an easy experience, we spent 3 days in the studio recording and had a day of pre prod and a day of post prod. That really isn't a long time.

The hardest part was the mixing afterwards, as we do not live in the UK, we had to get the mixes that our producer had done over email, all of us listen to it and make our amendments via email and phone.

This whole mixing and mastering process took about 2 months, and would have been a lot easier if we could have just popped to the studio and was alongside our producer while he mixed.

I guess our band can be labeled as just rock, we are really happy about how it turned out, and am proud to release it here to get you guys' opinions.

It is a free download.

Click here to listen and download!

The songs we recorded in the studio are:

Mystery
    Equilibrium
    Mainframe
    Gravity
    The Hive

The song "What it Takes" was recorded a long time ago in a bunker!

I hope you enjoy! And please let me know your opinions.
    :bassist:
  2. vonsparks

vonsparks

Has anyone had the chance to listen to these tracks? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)