1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Webinar question

Discussion in 'Ask Janek Gwizdala' started by melodiaopus, Dec 3, 2012.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Hi Janek,
    I promise that my question is a long drawn out question this time. I was wondering about a certain that you had during the latest webinar you hosted. I think you called the "tremolo effect" but my best description is that it's sort of that Godfather sounding effect. My question is how did you develop that technique and could you give sort of starting place to develop that technique. I was completely watching with my mouth ajar for the mere 9 seconds that you displayed that. Must know how to do that.

2. janekbass

janekbass

Disclosures:
    Founder and CEO of http://videobasslessons.tv
    It's a classical guitar technique utilizing your thumb and first three fingers on your picking hand. There are many combinations you can use, and I learnt that around 25 years ago when I was studying classical guitar. Players like Dominique Di Piazza and Matteo Garrison have popularized the technique on the electric bass. I rarely use it myself, and it's generally for a certain texture I'm looking for with chords when it comes out in my playing.

3. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Do you recommend any sort of exercises that could help me achieve this effect?