1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Weed killer that won't hurt cactus?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Aug 15, 2004.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Hi all, we have a cactus garden in the backyard, and it's become infested with crabgrass. We've been diligently pulling it ever since we've seen it, but it's getting out of hand now. We're ready to give up and try the chemical approach. Does anyone know of a good weed killer that'll nix the crabgrass but won't hurt the cactus?

2. volumefiend

volumefiend

3. DigMe

DigMe

nonsqtr,

Just go check out the weed killer section of any variety or hardware store. I was looking at Target the other day and I noticed some weed killers that claim to be harmless to grass and bushes...it may work for cactus too. Or you could just call a local nursery.

brad cook

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

Miracle Grow Weed Preventer works pretty well. You will need to pull the existing grass, and then put this stuff down. The other solution is to put down landscape fabric.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Sonorous

Sonorous

I think the only way to hurt a cactus is with a sharp/blunt object and great force, or maybe fire/combustion. It's immune to everything else.

7. RicPlaya

RicPlaya