1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Weird Rig Question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ciarian, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ciarian

ciarian

Hi

Ive been thinking of someweird rigs to use live and wondered it this would work xD.

Bass->Hartke Bass Attack Pedal D.I and pre amp->QTX Sound PRO 240 Power Amplifier

then run a line from the power amp to a cab and a line from the D.I of the pedal through the P.A.

would this work ? since its technicaly a Pre-amp to power amp rig

.......Funnel thinks it will work but hes slightly retarded

2. HolmeBass

HolmeBass Supporting Member

Media:
    I think it will work. You need to track down the input sensitivity of your selected power amp, sometimes they want the higher voltage line signal which can be a problem for some pre-amps. Other than this potential volume/signal level matching issue, it should work fine.

3. the explode man

the explode man

Of course it'll work. Many players use a set up similar to this.

4. ciarian

ciarian

The Input sensitivity of the poweramp is 775mV, 10k ohms but i cant find anything to do with the pedal

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ciarian

ciarian

ill link what ive got in mind to you guys

Bass->Pre Amp Pedal-> This power amp or this power amp i know there not the most expensive things but its something to get me going for abit i guess so tell me what you think

7. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

The 1/4" out on most DI boxes is 'supposed' to be a line level signal to go into a power amp in the groups back-line. Drop Hartke's customer support a line and see what they say.

8. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

That's on the sensitive end of the spectrum, should be fine.