1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Weird Rig Question

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ciarian, Jan 20, 2014.

1. ciarian

ciarian

Hi

Ive been thinking of someweird rigs to use live and wondered it this would work xD.

Bass->Hartke Bass Attack Pedal D.I and pre amp->QTX Sound PRO 240 Power Amplifier

then run a line from the power amp to a cab and a line from the D.I of the pedal through the P.A.

would this work ? since its technicaly a Pre-amp to power amp rig

.......Funnel thinks it will work but hes slightly retarded
  2. HolmeBass

HolmeBass

I think it will work. You need to track down the input sensitivity of your selected power amp, sometimes they want the higher voltage line signal which can be a problem for some pre-amps. Other than this potential volume/signal level matching issue, it should work fine.
  3. the explode man

the explode man

Of course it'll work. Many players use a set up similar to this.
  4. ciarian

ciarian

The Input sensitivity of the poweramp is 775mV, 10k ohms but i cant find anything to do with the pedal
  5. ciarian

ciarian

ill link what ive got in mind to you guys

Bass->Pre Amp Pedal-> This power amp or this power amp i know there not the most expensive things but its something to get me going for abit i guess so tell me what you think
  6. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

The 1/4" out on most DI boxes is 'supposed' to be a line level signal to go into a power amp in the groups back-line. Drop Hartke's customer support a line and see what they say.
  7. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

That's on the sensitive end of the spectrum, should be fine.