Weird things in blister

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by evanGeiger, Nov 3, 2012.

1. evanGeiger

evanGeiger

Hey everyone,

I know there is extensive information on TB about blisters, but after looking though lots of threads, I haven't found anything about this. Maybe it's out there, but bear with me.

I was doing vomit exercises today (Max Dimoff exercises I found, wonderful warm-up), and got a couple blisters, one on my middle finger and one on my ring finger. These are on my left (fingering) hand. The blister on my ring finger looks normal, but the one on my middle finger is weird. Its mostly full of water, but there are little white things on the inside. They look like they could be fluid, or somewhere in between fluid and solid, but they definitely stand out from the water in the rest of the blister. I should also note that this blister is right on top of a spot that had a blister just a week ago.

I normally wouldn't worry too much about this sort of thing, blisters are normal, but I did a general google search on these kinds of blisters and the results either didn't help, or were a little scary.

Should I get this looked at, or am I good? I'm pretty sure I'm just freaking myself out. Should I maybe stop doing vomit exercises for a bit, or do them better? Any insight would be great.

2. MartinBorgen

MartinBorgen

generally, googeling health issues are not a very healthy thing to do. Unless it's a reliable source, such as an official health ministry page or something.

Never heard anything about the blisters though.

3. DethByDoom

DethByDoom Supporting Member

If its intact I wouldn't worry. The advise I generally give is to wait 24 hrs before popping unless its really deep or seems to have blood. If it dries out well leave it. If it stays moist or the area is tender or red use cuticle scissors to remove as much dead skin as possible and apply a medicated talcum powder.

Btw I work in the medical field and am head trainer for Houston roller derby so… seen a few blisters. But yeah I'd be wary of google medical results. Web MD is pretty spot on. Baylor has some cool trainer type vids on YouTube… I think they had one or two on blisters...

4. wBass1980

wBass1980 Banned

Hei dude, go to see a doc!

5. Register to disable this ad