Weirdest Effect Pedals and Trippy Effect Combos

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nomadhang, Dec 25, 2012.

1. nomadhang

nomadhang

What are the "weirdest" effects and/or effects combinations you can think of? any videos? Thanks.....I've been leaning towards just going way into the deep end with some psychedelic textures and am looking at bit crushers, synths, verbs, etc. Any suggestions or info is appreciated........I'm looking at maybe getting the Rainbow Machine first and just going from there...
  2. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Media:
    I've been playing around with the sonic crayon anti-nautilus
    here is a video of me fooling with it:
  3. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp Supporting Member

Snazzy FX Tracer City
  4. nomadhang

nomadhang

Hey is the crackle something with the recording or is that going to come through an amp when using the anti nautilus?

All those Snazzy Effects pedals are great!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Media:
    The crackle is part of the pedal, it happens in the glitch loop.
  7. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Rainbow Machine is great. As for weird stuff, ring mods, bit crushers, flangers can sound really crazy at the most extreme settings (check out the EHX Stereo Electric Mistress with the flange depth maxed, it sounds like a giant sucking black hole). And the old Digitech Space Station has a bunch of weird fx in one pedal.
  8. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

You can get weird with the Zoom B3. I've been messing around with the multitap and pitch shifting delays combined with other effects. Pitch shifting delay into the bitcrusher sounds awesome! Or pretty much anything into the bitcrusher sounds awesome. Copilot makes some weird effects. I have an Orbit that is a lot of fun. I like to get my Gnomeratron VTF oscillating and then basically play it like a synth-just turning knobs to tune different sounds in. I just got a Zoom Ultrafuzz and that thing can get weird with feedback/oscillations. Feedback and noise into a delay is a lot of fun. Pretty much anything into delay is fun though.