Weirdness With My Line6 Combo Amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jaywa, Nov 19, 2012.

1. jaywa

jaywa

I've got a LowDown 150 combo that I've owned for about 4 years and has been my main gigging amp (60+ dates a year) for the last two years.

Lately one of the channel presets has not been "saving" the info I program in. The button will flash constantly (like it does when you've changed something to the existing preset), even when I haven't changed anything. And then when I switch channels (or hit the mute switch) and come back to this channel it's not like how I had left it.

The other 3 channels seem to save themselves fine and yeah I suppose I could work around the bad channel and just use the other 3 but it's kind of bugging me.

Anyone had this happen to them?
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Probably an easy fix, but best done by a qualified tech.
  3. Stimpy

Stimpy

Have you ever updated the firmware? Usually line 6 provides regular updates to fix software issues like this?
  4. jaywa

jaywa

Good point. I haven't done a thing to it since I bought it new. Didn't even know there was software involved.
  5. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Supporting Member

Possibly try factory reset??? You'll lose presets, but it might be helpful in working out a bug....
  6. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

To do that simply press and hold the Channel A Button while turning on the amp.

If you don't already have one, download a pdf file of the owners manual from the Line 6 website and review the memory/channel settings information. I bought my LD300 Pro new 5 yrs ago and sometimes referring back to my manual helps me clear up issues like the one you're experiencing.

TD