Welcome to the Forum!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Blackbird, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    As the Forum mod, I'd like to welcome all who come to this Forum. I sincerely hope you never have to post here. (Would make my job easier too). Still, I strongly advise all TB members to check in regularly. Who knows, the gear retrieved might be your own.

I think that the best way to not have your gear stolen is to keep a close eye on it at all times. Since this is not always possible, there are a couple things we can do to prepare in case the worst does happen. Namely:

1) Have pictures of your instruments on file, including cosmetic details that would differentiate it from similar instruments,

2) Have instrument and gear serial numbers on file.

I would like to encourage all TBers who have loss prevention experience, not to mention TBers who have gear insurance to post threads on these subjects. Members who had instruments stolen and retrieved are also more than welcome to provide their insight. The more knowledge, the better.

If you come across an item for sale by a third party which you might have seen reported stolen here, Please relay that info directly to the individual who posted the thread. My function here is strictly to make sure forum rules are observed and that we all have a pleasant posting environment. Remember also that sometimes an instrument for sale might coincidentally be similar to one reported stolen. I'd advise the more spirited of you out there to leave the law enforcing to the cops. Keeping an eye out for your fellow TBer is service enough.

Finally, the mandatory disclaimer: Sadly, TalkBass cannot guarantee that stolen instruments posted will be retrieved. TalkBass charges no fee to post Lost/Stolen gear info and expects no compensation if directly or indirectly involved in the retrieval of an instrument.

I basically *just* got the PM from Paul saying I got the Mod job, so I'm still working out logistics. Please check back regularly for updates.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Im glad they finally started this new forrum.

Im lucky enough to say Ive never had any gear stolen (though a couple cables have dissapeared). I was one of the people who had started threads in asking for this forum because I saw the need for something like this when reading threads by other Tbers.

One idea would be to get the well know bass retailers updates on new threads so they can also be on the lookout for used gear comming into their shops.

I hope this is as effective as planned.

Peace
    Nick

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

wow... I just noticed this being here. That's cool.

So, uhhh, hey, what's goin' on.

4. moley

moley

Geez, this forum has been here nearly month. And only just this second did I notice it was here!!

Still, it's all good. I hope this forum reunites some people with some gear.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Blackbird

Media:
    What do you mean "nearly"?:D

7. moley

moley

When I posted that, it was nearly ;)

8. Osama_Spears

Osama_Spears

Has anyone recovered any of their lost items?:meh:

9. Blackbird

Media:
    Why? You think they should quit?:meh:

10. Osama_Spears

Osama_Spears

Ugh...no,not at all...

I was just curious as to see how they recovered them and stuff...

Goodluck to who has lost something/had it stolen!

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Actually, I'm curious too. I hope for the best, lost/stolen gear sucks. :(

12. Walbassman

Walbassman

what if we had something stolen years ago and had reported it but it never turned up? I had a Rick 4001 stolen in Chicago some years back and never retrieved it and even logged a stolen report with Rickenbacker...

13. Mr. Boo

Mr. Boo

I recently had a Spector Euro Blue/Black 4 string stolen from my wehicle in East Boston, MA. Serial number NB2477. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.