1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Well lookit what we have here...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ArvindJayaram, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Hey guys!
    Am really struggling to put my project in order :D

Feel like I'm making progress, but still miles to go! Learning the bass, trying to improve and guitar and the drums... Hope you like this!

I might have overplayed with the bass... But it's fun sounding and I don't know if I want to make any changes, being a three-man band. So much space!

Didn't lay down any solos, when I finalise these recordings, I want faces to melt :/

Cheers and be happy! Try and listen on monitors or on an ipod or something for best effect :D

- Jimmy Rage

Lasted edited by : Apr 16, 2014
  2. 99 views. Any advice? Views? Spreading the news?

Would anyone like to hear something else?

I try, oh how I try....

- Jimmy Rage

3. Sponsored by:

4. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    Sure, you'll be able to find some people who're into that kind of stuff. It's not my thing, though, but I can say that listening to the way the drums are handled on that track makes me feel very uncomfortable. Way too behind the beat for my taste (even if I have to imagine myself listening to this genre) and occasionally imprecise in relation to what else is going on (particularly the snare/rim hits). It just makes everything else seems like it's dragging.

5. Could be a mixing issue. Might not be translating well, I thought it was a pretty standard, barring the rolls. Maybe I'm too familiar with the music, will definitely look into it, thanks!

- Jimmy Rage

6. Lasted edited by : Apr 16, 2014
  7. PatQ

PatQ

May 11, 2011
    Siegburg, Germany
    The drums are totally off (even directly on Soundcloud), especially the bass drum. And I can't really hear the singer/shouter.

8. You're right! It's on account of recording the guitar before laying down the drums. That and the fact that I'm not much of a drummer :D

This is pretty much a scratch track that I was experimenting on, very much a work in progress. I was mainly trying to figure out how the bass would fit in there, cause I just bought mine :)

The drumming wasn't quantized, so maybe I should look into doing some midi editing, might help. Alas, I'm only one man... Thanks for the inputs!

- Jimmy Rage

9. Yanked off the internet! The mod can close this post, thanks! Everyone should listen to some Lamb of God to heal their ears, lmao.

- Jimmy Rage

10. LikeRaphael

LikeRaphael Banned

Dec 18, 2012
    I like it. The biggest critique is the the tonal quality. Bass sounds good but the guitar is harsh and the drums sound tinny. Other than that, good stuff.

11. Thanks a lot, LikeRaphael, very kind of you. I will work on these things. Last thing I want is to have an album of filler, but better recordings must be cobbled together. I quit smoking on 12/21, thinking about something sick.

- Jimmy Rage

Ps: how did you view the track, I took it off the internet.