Well lookit what we have here...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ArvindJayaram, Dec 15, 2012.

1. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

Hey guys!
    Am really struggling to put my project in order :D

Feel like I'm making progress, but still miles to go! Learning the bass, trying to improve and guitar and the drums... Hope you like this!

I might have overplayed with the bass... But it's fun sounding and I don't know if I want to make any changes, being a three-man band. So much space!

Didn't lay down any solos, when I finalise these recordings, I want faces to melt :/

Cheers and be happy! Try and listen on monitors or on an ipod or something for best effect :D

- Jimmy Rage

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  2. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

99 views. Any advice? Views? Spreading the news?

Would anyone like to hear something else?

I try, oh how I try....

- Jimmy Rage

3. middlebit

middlebit

Sure, you'll be able to find some people who're into that kind of stuff. It's not my thing, though, but I can say that listening to the way the drums are handled on that track makes me feel very uncomfortable. Way too behind the beat for my taste (even if I have to imagine myself listening to this genre) and occasionally imprecise in relation to what else is going on (particularly the snare/rim hits). It just makes everything else seems like it's dragging.

4. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

Could be a mixing issue. Might not be translating well, I thought it was a pretty standard, barring the rolls. Maybe I'm too familiar with the music, will definitely look into it, thanks!

- Jimmy Rage

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  7. PatQ

PatQ

The drums are totally off (even directly on Soundcloud), especially the bass drum. And I can't really hear the singer/shouter.

8. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

You're right! It's on account of recording the guitar before laying down the drums. That and the fact that I'm not much of a drummer :D

This is pretty much a scratch track that I was experimenting on, very much a work in progress. I was mainly trying to figure out how the bass would fit in there, cause I just bought mine :)

The drumming wasn't quantized, so maybe I should look into doing some midi editing, might help. Alas, I'm only one man... Thanks for the inputs!

- Jimmy Rage

9. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

Yanked off the internet! The mod can close this post, thanks! Everyone should listen to some Lamb of God to heal their ears, lmao.

- Jimmy Rage

10. LikeRaphael

LikeRaphael Banned

I like it. The biggest critique is the the tonal quality. Bass sounds good but the guitar is harsh and the drums sound tinny. Other than that, good stuff.

11. ArvindJayaram

ArvindJayaram

Thanks a lot, LikeRaphael, very kind of you. I will work on these things. Last thing I want is to have an album of filler, but better recordings must be cobbled together. I quit smoking on 12/21, thinking about something sick.

- Jimmy Rage

Ps: how did you view the track, I took it off the internet.