Went for a Zoom MS-50G instead of MS-60B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by russpurdy, Feb 5, 2014.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

And let me tell you why...

well, first off it was only $60

but besides that....

Why on earth are there so many effects on the guitar version of the multistomp vs the bass version? I really wanted the bitcrush and trigger delay effects of the B3 but didn't want to shell out the extra coin or take up that much space. The Guitar version of the pedal has these plus loads of dirt pedal options (which I find on alot of multi effect pedals allow you to tweak the lows better for bass) and you can throw an eq into the patch with them if needed. Most of the modulations are are same (although missing a few) and there are way more verbs and delays.

Yes, it doesn't have the amp models for bass but I have an amp for that. I personally wanted one of these for seldom used effects (same reason I have a Line 6 M5) and the guitar version just seems to offer so much more in this case.

Not sure where i'm going with this rant but if anyone is looking at the MS-60B primarily for effects you may want to take a quick peek at the MS-50G as well!

2. waveman

waveman Supporting Member

I have both. The MS-60B sounds better for bass. I did get some similar settings on the MS-50G, but it's a big enough difference that I bought another MS-60B for my board, while I use the other one for home practice.

3. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

@ OP
    I noticed the same things, also, similar frequency response so I figured the 50G can handle ebg. My thought was the US Blues (Bassman) would cover any amp modeling. I have to say I like the 60B a lot for clean tones & eq fiddling to no end.