1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Went on a date.... I really like her.. BUT

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by powderfinger, Oct 12, 2012.

1. powderfinger

powderfinger

I am not going to turn this into a woman slamming thread. I apologize for last time if it offended any of you lucky guys who have found the "perfect catch".

So last night I went out. Smart girl. Attractive. Fit. Good personality. I had a great date with her. Problem? We got home to her house, and we kissed on the couch. Ok... her breath stunk so freakin' bad. It wasnt anything she ate, it was straight up halitosis.... I could barely kiss her. It made my physically ill. It was worse than garlic breath, beer breath, hell... it was worse than morning breath. It smelled rancid. When I met her, I got sort of a wiff of it, but I blew it off. But yeah... what do I do? I dont wanna stop seeing her, but.... yeah...

2. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

Bring it up, you'll hate being with her if you don't

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Give her gum. Continue on.

4. Topspin

Topspin Used to know everything Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I know nothing...
    Offer her gum. Not QUITE as blunt as bringing it up outright.

Edit- Aaaand sniped by Maki

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

I thought the follow up to your "But" was going to be "she's a juggalette." :D

I dont have a solution for your particular problem, as halitosis (if thats what it was) seems to have a few different causes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halitosis

Are you certain it was halitosis, and not some other cause? Maybe she ate something earlier in the day, before you date, that stuck with her? I know if I eat falafel (so delicious!) Im going to have rank breath all day, despite brushing and rinsing with mouthwash.

7. powderfinger

powderfinger

Yes, its definitely halitotis.

I knew a guy in high school, and also used to work with a guy, both of whom had halitotis. It's a very distinct smell. Ive smelled it on others. Doesnt come from foods, drinks, cigarettes, etc. It's naturally rancid.

I suppose gum could work, but I dont want that kind of band-aid fix. Gum may not always be available, and Id hate to have to break out the Winterfresh when its time to make out lol

8. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

she may be a crack head.

9. MarthaSamira

MarthaSamira Banned

If you like her stick with gum and mint candies until you feel comfortable to talk to her about it.

The solution can be as simple as brushing the tongue once a day, or can be complicated and even be a health issue...

10. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

schedule a "His & Her" dental visit for a cleaning!;)

11. electracoyote

electracoyote

Well, I'd keep dating her and keep offering gum, but sooner or later, before I got in too deep, and after I had a chance to let her know how much I liked her, I'd have to broach the subject. If she likes you, she might put pride and butt-hurt aside and do something about it. If she gets an attitude, oh well, it was going to push you apart anyway.

A good dentist can help with this if it is a medical condition.

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Next time put something in her mouth right away so you don't have to kiss her.

13. scorpionldr

scorpionldr

sounds like a case of an acid problem. Obviously if it wasn't anything she ate, than it must've been related to her metabolism. She's fit tho, so don't know what corner that turned. I cleared up stomach acid issues and slimmed down a bit by eating slightly more acidic foods (acidic fruits/vegetables) and even adding lemon juice to water on a regular basis (which since I have one of those 40 ounce nalgene bottles is easy enough). It'll basically curb appetite and will stop the body from producing acid as a reaction to "hunger".

14. fraublugher

fraublugher

Ya ,stop kissing her on the mouth .

15. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Whew tough one but....................I've been there! I told her exactly what you told us. That I really like her but that she should visit a dentist and have her teeth and gums cleaned. It's probably been a while for her. If she's taken aback and gets pissed off, let her. She'll get over it. I would rather someone tell me my breath stinks than to not say anything.

16. matante

matante

What would you want her to do if the situation was reversed?

17. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative Supporting Member

18. hover

hover

What if it's the same sitch? ;)

19. Unprofessional

Unprofessional Supporting Member

Like sands through the hourglass, so go the Days of Our Lives.

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Whats her take on splitting the bill after a few dates?

21. scorpionldr

scorpionldr

I was just thinking about that!