Were can I learn slap bass?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by jam -1, Nov 7, 2013.

1. jam -1

jam -1

Hello Guys

I have been playing bass for along time self taught Im looking to learn slap bass.My question is were can I find a good starting dvd on Begining slap bass ? Ive looked at some on youtube ect And im still haveing problems getting it down.Were I live there are no teachers around .So I have to learn by watching dvds can you guys give me a link or a good dvd or? Im really wanting to learn

Thank you
    Jeff:bassist:
  2. Spin Doctor

Spin Doctor

3. Resonance

Resonance

I'm in the middle of doing a slap bass series of lessons (with videos and audio tracks). Unfortunately It's not ready yet but the idea behind the series is to teach you all the basics, building up to the insane technique of Primus, Wooten, Marcus Miller and other such slap players. If you're interested, drop me a message (as I aim to have the series up and running soon).
  4. Dudiddley

Dudiddley

i learned basics of slapping through youtube, two of the best channels i found was Marlowedk and devinebass, also i listened to alot of songs with slap bass and tried to copy the styles of several bass players to combine it to my own. good luck with the slapping! :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Resonance

Resonance

Great bass players and youtube channels. You can learn alot from watching both of those guys.