1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Westbury scratchplate pickguard ident

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by clive shakedown, Dec 6, 2013.

1. clive shakedown

clive shakedown Supporting Member

Hi there.
    I have recently rescued a 78 Matsumoku Westbury bass.

It's in real bad shape at the moment, but I do have a plan!

I have seen a bass like it that has already been restored, it has a fantastic scratchplate that I would like to get for mine,
    the owner says he got the bass like it, but it isn't the original plate. Can anyone tell me what type of scratchplate this is? I have tried tortoise shell but the ones I ordered look flat and boring compared with this one. This one seems to have an almost pearl effect? Thanks for any help. [​IMG]

this is my bass with (I guess) the original plate.
    [​IMG]