Westchester County or NY orchestra's

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by NicholasF, Oct 1, 2012.

1. NicholasF

NicholasF Guest

Hey guys, long time no post.

I have recently been looking for an orchestra where I can show off all of my classical knowledge. The thing is, the school orchestra isnt cutting it, and I cant find too much on google.

Im looking for an orchestra in Westchester County NY or anything within driving distance.

I honestly dont care about the music, to me its more about playing, experience, and the enjoyment of playing with an orchestra.

I am only 17 so I know its tough, but Im sure I can make it happen with enough sweat, tears, and rosin.

Thanks!

-Nick

2. NicholasF

NicholasF Guest

3. Phil Rowan

Phil Rowan

4. NicholasF

NicholasF Guest

Ive seen this one before. Sadly, from listening, it doesnt sound or look like the serious business im looking for. However this is great for someone who hasnt played in a long time or who has never played in an orchestra before, i guess im just young and hard headed :D thanks again though, anyone else see anything?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sibass89

sibass89

7. Ross Kratter

Ross Kratter Supporting Member

+1 to the ISO (first link). It's an amazing program with an awesome conductor, Jeff Grogan. I was in the ISO for a couple of years.

8. sibass89

sibass89

Completely agree. I did it for a year when Mr. Strasser was still conducting, and it is a great program for free, and usually in need of bassists.

9. NicholasF

NicholasF Guest

I am going to try to audition in January, luckily they hold auditions then which is rare. Time to break out ye olde eccles no.2 :smug:

From the research it seams like an awesome program for any instrument! Im very excited!