Westone Pantera x750-are vintage P/J basses better ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass nitro, Feb 25, 2014.

1. bass nitro

bass nitro

Hi everyone.I did play on my friend's Westone Pantera X750 yesterday and this bass just make me to understand what exactly means good P/J bass.It was put on Peavey TKO 115 (because band play metal-not saying that Peavey is only good for metal :) )and it was sounded amazing despite of been with relatively old strings.Very clear sound ,not much growl but enough.It was sound better compared to my Ibanez SDGR1000e.I wish to compare them once again but have to switch electronic of Ibi off somehow.
    Do not know if i been under "vintage bass spell" (having two )but it is seems to me that not much basses sounded good these days-yes i know that notion good it is very relative term.
  2. gary m

gary m

Not to badmouth Ibanez (I own one myself), but Westones are very good basses. Is it the best for what you do? Only your ears can answer that. The Ibanez is the more "sophisticated" instrument, but that's not always what's called for.

What kind of metal do you play (speed, doom, etc) and what sound are you looking for? If the Westone fits, then there's your answer.
  3. wolfmancharlie

wolfmancharlie Supporting Member

The Westone Pantera X750 was designed for Hard Rock and Metal . These basses were solid , well designed, workhorse style basses that also had a lot of sex appeal. I love mine ImageUploadedByTalkBass1393350921.349356.jpg