1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Wha Cab Should I Purchase

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bobzilla, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Bobzilla

Bobzilla

helloooo everybody :D

I have just recently purchased a Hartke Lh1000 head and i'm the lookout for a cabinet. I would like the cab to be rated a 4 ohms and at least 600 watts and i'm just wondering what you guys suggest.

I'm looking for a cab with a lot of low end because i'm in a very heavy band and we play in drop b tuning. I don't really care about highs i'm only in it for the lows :bassist:

I would prefer it if the cab is either a 4x10, 4x12, 6x10 or a 8x10 :D

I'm looking for one that is preferably below $1500 AUD
    (I live in au so shipping is included in the price if its from america...obviously haha)

Which ever cab I end up purchasing I plan on buying a second later in the year. :bassist:

What cab do you suggest? :help: :help: :help: :)

If you have any advice or knowledge with this subject please post below :D :cool: :hyper:
  2. Bobzilla

Bobzilla

By the way i have a 4 string with drop b string on the bass
  3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Hartke 4x10 XL series.
  4. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

I suggest you join the greenboy forum I believe he has/had a builder in New Zealand. Inquire about a Dually 215.
  5. iualum

iualum

Absolutely.
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I would advise against a 4 ohm cab, unless it's a BIG cab, 8x10, maybe 2x15. "Getting all your watts" is highly over-rated, but having the ability to add more spkrs is of utmost importance.
  7. Stev187

Stev187 Peavey MegaBass Club! Supporting Member

^plus one.

--Steve