1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Wha Cab Should I Purchase

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bobzilla, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Bobzilla

Bobzilla

Dec 7, 2012
    helloooo everybody :D

I have just recently purchased a Hartke Lh1000 head and i'm the lookout for a cabinet. I would like the cab to be rated a 4 ohms and at least 600 watts and i'm just wondering what you guys suggest.

I'm looking for a cab with a lot of low end because i'm in a very heavy band and we play in drop b tuning. I don't really care about highs i'm only in it for the lows :bassist:

I would prefer it if the cab is either a 4x10, 4x12, 6x10 or a 8x10 :D

I'm looking for one that is preferably below $1500 AUD
    (I live in au so shipping is included in the price if its from america...obviously haha)

Which ever cab I end up purchasing I plan on buying a second later in the year. :bassist:

What cab do you suggest? :help: :help: :help: :)

If you have any advice or knowledge with this subject please post below :D :cool: :hyper:

2. Bobzilla

Bobzilla

Dec 7, 2012
    By the way i have a 4 string with drop b string on the bass

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Hartke 4x10 XL series.

5. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Grand Rapids Michigan
    I suggest you join the greenboy forum I believe he has/had a builder in New Zealand. Inquire about a Dually 215.

6. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Absolutely.

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I would advise against a 4 ohm cab, unless it's a BIG cab, 8x10, maybe 2x15. "Getting all your watts" is highly over-rated, but having the ability to add more spkrs is of utmost importance.

8. Stev187

Stev187 Peavey MegaBass Club!

Jan 11, 2011
    Flint, MI (USA)
    ^plus one.

--Steve